anybody have cold start problem?

shadowles

Registered
hi all,

just gotten my 06 busa this yr and recently i have a hard time starting up my bike in the morning... especially today morning when it rained the previous night. took me 30 mins to crank it up and i was late for work =(
any pros can advise me what to check out?? battery was last change at june this yr...

No cold start problems here but you might need to adjust the throttle screw under the seat. What RPM are you idling at when the bike is warm? Just asking, but are you using the choke when starting your bike?

You can also try this. Start the bike and warm it up good. Thumb the choke down and adjust the throttle screw to reach 3500 rpm. Thumb the screw back up, and re-adjust rpm back to 1150-1200.

No cold start problems here but you might need to adjust the throttle screw under the seat. What RPM are you idling at when the bike is warm? Just asking, but are you using the choke when starting your bike?

You can also try this. Start the bike and warm it up good. Thumb the choke down and adjust the throttle screw to reach 3500 rpm. Thumb the screw back up, and re-adjust rpm back to 1150-1200.

hhmm when the bike warm idling RPM is bout 1.2-1.4k. yup, using the choke when starting up. is that too low?

will try out your solutions when i head home. thanks a lot :)

Charge the bike each night on a battery tender. Get new plugs. I cycle the fuel pump at least twice before starting, and make sure the pump is on and priming when you try to start it. (let it prime once, then it shuts off. flip the kill switch off and then on so it primes again. I do this at least twice. I used to try to start it after the pump was done priming, now I only do it during.

Back