New Scorpion slip-ons

bwbanker

Registered
Just got some brand new Scorpion slip-ons off of Ebay. I noticed that there is no mount like the OEM one has that attaches near the passenger footpeg. I took it for a short test ride, and the muffler and the pipe it is attached to nearly came off - it was sticking way out of the side. I believe the part the muffler is attached to is called the mid-pipe... Anyway, what can I do to make it more stable - is it just that the mid-pipe is not securely tightened to the header?

bodyparts-scorpion-street-exhausts-round-race-stainless-steel-slip-ons-suzuki-gsxr1300r-hayabusa.jpg

Last edited:
There has to be a strap to attach it to the factory mount point. You can see the strap on it in this picture:

busa_web.jpg

You are correct. I am retarded. I looked in the package and the mounts were there. Thanks, you saved me a lot of time and further aggravation.

One more thing... does anyone have an up-close shot of the peg mount? As I said, I am retarded and I need to see exactly where the spacer and what side it fits on.

I did get them on. The left mount was a total bear, didn't line up easily, I assume it is because of my aforementioned diminished intellectual capacity. I would like to see a close-up of one mounted, though.

Back