Gen i dual r77 slip ons?

black07busa

Registered
Does anyone know if the factory mid-pipes can be modded to accepts a pair of Yoshi R77's? I know you can use the yoshi header and mid pipe from the GEN I to mount the R77 slip-on, but I really like the looks of the dual's. I have seen the vance and hines dual outlet header that people say will work, but 400+ for the header, 750+ for the pipes, and then another 300 bucks for a power commander just seems like a waste when all I want is the look of the dual pipes. Suggestions? Can I cut off the factory bolt on flange on the mid's and slip-on the R77's?:confused2:

Last edited:
Sounds like the cheapest way for you is a little cutting and welding. I don't know the details, but I do remember that the Gen2 full R77 to Gen1 swap wasn't bolt on, no matter what you mixed and matched.

Yea, I'm not trying to bolt them on, just curious if anyone has attempted to cut the factory mid pipes flange side with the 3 wholes off, in attempt to simply slide the muffler on. Perhaps someone could measure the inlet side on the muffler and posts the dimensions?

I know what ur tryin to do, and if they're what u want, buy em. A little cuttin and possibly welding and they'll go on. Also, I want the same for my Gen2 w the V&H header, so I've been checkin prices for a while now. 58cycles.com has the R77 slip ons cheaper new than anywhere else I've found. Carbon fiber where $657.

The R77 slip ons come with there own midpipes.

The R77's are'nt available for for the GEN 1, slip on or bolt on. They are only available for the GEN 2. I know you can use a Gen 1 yoshi header, a Gen 1 yoshi-mid pipe, and the R77, but then it will be a single exhaust setup and not a dual.

I know what ur tryin to do, and if they're what u want, buy em. A little cuttin and possibly welding and they'll go on. Also, I want the same for my Gen2 w the V&H header, so I've been checkin prices for a while now. 58cycles.com has the R77 slip ons cheaper new than anywhere else I've found. Carbon fiber where $657.

That's a great price, I'm going to check them out.
Thanks

Found a pair of R77 Carbon fibers for a good price, a little damaged but will do for me. Going to atempt modifing some stuff to make them work.

Back