leaking radiator

psdiesel911

Registered
hey guys i have a leak in my radiator and i was wondering if anyone has tried to use an additive sealer to fix their radiator?

Not me.
I have used them on old cars, but if my rad leaked on the Busa I would take it to a shop to fix it.
Those additives IMO can also plug small water openings elsewhere, and it can also spring a leak again at the worst time for you.
A rad shop won't charge much to solder it up.
Good luck!

A good stick man can close that with an oxy/acc torch and aluminum rod; just like welding rod. It's all in the heat and a steady hand.

thanks guys but i am getting a new one. it was determined that the hole was caused by an accident i was in a few days ago where i got hit by a bus. crushed my yoshi system and punctured my radiator. hello insurance money haha

Do not use a mechanic in a can method. These products contain alum and other nasty stuff and can clog small orifices in other parts of the engine, they aren't permanent fixes, but rather just to get you home sort of thing, they do more harm then good. Get a nice used radiator or yours patched up at a radiator shop.

its not that bad. it had an obvious small hole which i brazed with the aluminum rod so its not leaking. its still on the bike and i have been driving it for the past 2 days without issues. i am just waiting on my new one to come in. I wouldnt mind selling it all im gunna do is throw it out other wise. although i cant say i know what price to put on it

Back