Where is the crankshaft position sensor?

Wastintime

Registered
Hey everyone, I realize this is probably a pretty dumb question, but Ive got a hayabusa (06) motor in a race car and right now the only thing preventing us from starting it is we cannot find out where to plug in the wires for the crankshaft position sensor. If anyone can tell me where it is or has a picture, that would be awesome!

Thanks,

Found it... Ha now our spark plugs work... :( of
course it seems like our fuel injectors are not working though...

Unfortunately no, and that's part of the problem. We were donated (we're a non-profit ) a crashed '06 Busa and we ended up throwing away the wiring harness that came with the car becuase they wouldn't give us information about it and I didn't feel like chasing circuits for 10 hours so I made one from scratch and relocated the fuse panel to a very accessible location.

I actually got it running last night! I don't totally understand why it wasn't starting, but after I spoke with a friend who has a different Busa powered race car it started to make sense. Apparently, what I can tell, without the fuel pump pulling power, the fuel pump relay only send about 2 volts to the injectors... So I bypassed the fuel pump relay and voilà.

Here are the vids of the first crank and first drive. Fair warning the first drive vid is PG13 (nothing bad, but we had some rather conservitive people get shocked when I say GD after stalling it And there's a few holy s**ts)

first crank:

Last edited by a moderator:
First drive:

Sorry, I'm on my iPhone couldn't get them both on one post for some reason...

Just incase they aren't showing up it's:

and

- KaleidoLINKS' Westfield XTR2 testing[/url]

there's a run in the daylight... currently trying to get sorted out why none of our gauges are working... at least we're progressing.

Back