Engine dies while riding....

hsomatic

Registered
I have a problem with my 00 Busa (PCII and Pipe)I will be riding just fine and the engine will die out on me as if I hit the top speed limiter Tach goes down to zero chec on digital dash everything else is ok. Once the bike loses 20-30 mph the engine regains power and im riding fine. At first it was doing it only when I hit 110mph and up I changed plugs, oil still doing it, I checked the maps in my PCII all seemed ok now it's doing it more frequently and doing it at random speeds 80, 60, 70 ?

Take the PC off and see if it still does it. Then you'll know if the maps or the PC is the issue. If the PC is off I would suspect the fuel filter is getting clogged up and can't flow enough fuel to keep the engine supplied to the demanded volume.

Take a look at your external fuel pump hoses and see if they're kinking at all. Pinched return line will make it run like crap or cut out. check petcock and fuel pump screen for debris/clogs.
My 99 with external pump did the same thing.
Gotta figure no FI codes means you're running out of gas if your plugs aren't fouled. Side stand dropping down killing motor????

I have the same issues..I burnt up my clutch by clutching it when it would die on the freeway. Am wondering if it is bad fuel filter or gas lines are kinking????it only dies when I ride it for a bit 20min or so but does suck when it stalls.

Back