no start

smj

Registered
me friend have 2006 busa and she dont start, neutral light is on, check light is on, temp meter is all way up, clutch switch is ok, any idea???

once you figure it out if you have to push it and dump the clutch.

.kick stand switch? when you turn the key on you should here the fuel pump prime, if you dont there is something wrong somewhere
aslo check the tip over sensor..located under the front seat behind the gas tank

Does the pump prime? If it does, but no crank, wiggle the clutch switch a little and see if that clicks it over...

i just had the same problem, the bike did tried to start and all of the sudden the bike just went daed, won't start, i checked everything and all looked fine, i continously, mad like crazy, it was like 110 degrees here in florida so go figure, i started hitting the starter button and the bike started right up. any ideas what could cause that?

me friend have 2006 busa and she dont start, neutral light is on, check light is on, temp meter is all way up, clutch switch is ok, any idea???

Does it crank (turn over)?
If it does and won't start it may be the battery.
The bike needs 12.5 volts to fire the injectors.

By the way what is the "Check light"
I think mine lights up CHK when the red ignition cut off switch on the throttle side of the bars is flipped to "OFF"

Batt Voltage.jpg

Last edited:
i just had the same problem, the bike did tried to start and all of the sudden the bike just went daed, won't start, i checked everything and all looked fine, i continously, mad like crazy, it was like 110 degrees here in florida so go figure, i started hitting the starter button and the bike started right up. any ideas what could cause that?

Puzzler.
Is that the first time?

me friend have 2006 busa and she dont start, neutral light is on, check light is on, temp meter is all way up, clutch switch is ok, any idea

Unless i'm missing something here, the red kill switch on the right handle bar being in the 'off' position will give you the symptoms described above. Switch the kill switch to 'run' and all should be fine?!?! ???

Mine did the same thing friday.exactly, loaded and ready to go to indy for the motogp.had it running , warming up, shoved the choke off, blipped the throttle one time getting ready to put it in gear to leave and POOF.died and nothing. wouldn't crank at all.turn key on,gages would go thru the diagnostics, then the temp gage would go to hot then the clock would say CHEC, but wouldn't crank at all.bought it used 3 weeks ago and dont have a manual or nothin. did download the service manual from here,( thanks by the way). looked through it for a few minutes,but couldn't really come up with nothin, so said the hell with it and drove to the races and had a hell of a fun time but still was pretty pissed that I didn't have a bike to ride...OH WELL.
Took the side cowling off and found the fuse box tonite and there it was, a BLOWN IGNITION FUSE.Man did I feel stupid.Dont know why but it s fine now.so check that if ya haven't yet.sounds like the same thing.

Hey Brightman I thought it would be something simple (as in not costly to repair). Doesn't it feel good that you found it! Sorry it happened at the wrong time but glad you made it. Here's what I would do. I'd change all the fuses out. There aren't many. Put some dielectirc grease on the fuse terminals. Keep the old ones for spares. That way you have new fuses all the way around. No worries catch you down the line. Wardie

Hey wardie. Yea at least it didnt do it on the road and it didn't cost me an arm at the dealer for them to change my fuse for me, that would've adding alot of insuly to my injury..HA. Hey left ya a post on your thread about the busa not cornering, but dont think anybody noticed. great to meet you guysand hope to do it again ....brightman:beerchug:

Back