Need hlp!!

kingbusa

Registered
Ok, apparently when I bough a used busa I didn't know when the baby was down and got damage only in the right side fairing, the bolt that hold the fairing to the frame was cut off. So the bike has the piece of the bolt that was cut off inside the frame. any idea of how to get it off? My friend told me there is this kit where it can take that pirce out. Any input would be really appreciated.

There is a kit.

I've seen these...a small drill bit with a slightly larger screw that goes into the drilled hole. I'm not certain, exactly, if loctite is used or what, but once you get the smaller screw into the hole, you can back the whole sheared bolt out.

I'm confident you'll get lots of solid advice here, but failing everything else, you can always pick the brain of your service tech.

Good luck, yo!! :beerchug:

:deadhorse:
First off Where do you Live? I have many tools that can remedy this situation for you. Many options. I need a lttile more detail and a PM. Name, Number, Location and I am sure that we could get this resolved for you in a very timely manor.
There are number of talented people in variuos locations that could help. I am unemployed at this time and looking for work. I am free to travel as evidence of my trip to Dallas last weekend to meet members and pig out on pork and Brisket. Please conatct me through PM and we should be able to work something out for you. I have been removing broken bolts for 20 years in industrial equpment. Heck I will even send you my resume before you commit to even showing me or others your bike. This could be done very cheaply maybe even Zilch.

Please contac me by PM to exchange numbers so we can get this solved for you. That is what we do. we give of labor, Skills, Parts, and most important manpower(that includes the ladies)

PM me and lets get this done before riding Season.:rulez8bn:

My Name is Kevin and I am Busaholic and a Helpaholic. We got you covered Help us Help you.
Hope to hear from you. We need to cherish and rehabilitate the wonderful birds back in to the wild at full recovery and we need to do it in a timely fashion so we do not hinder their complete survival in the wild.

PM me.:whistle:

I learned this from Scar.

Thanks guys for the input. I will see if the 6 Pc. Power extractorLink from sear works. The thing is like I said there is no head screw. The rest of the bolt screw is inside the frame.
Firedog, thanks for the offer but i don't think you want to come all the way down to Louisiana. i would really appreciated it though.

Thanks guys for the input. I will see if the 6 Pc. Power extractorLink from sear works. The thing is like I said there is no head screw. The rest of the bolt screw is inside the frame.
Firedog, thanks for the offer but i don't think you want to come all the way down to Louisiana. i would really appreciated it though.

LA, TX same difference when you look at miles. Besides, there are othe rmembers in the area I can see also.:whistle:

go to napa or pepboys and get an ez-out kit for that size bolt , kit will be under 20 bucks comes withe a drill bit and extractor that will hook to either a 1/4 3/8 or 1/2 ratchet very easy to do ! hit it with wd 40 24 hrs before drilling if it looks like it was busted for a while :beerchug:

Drill a small hole in the part of the bolt that's left...

DSC09332-1.jpg

Back