Painting bolt heads/inner fairings to match.

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
I've wanted to color/paint the bolt heads and inner fairings to match the rest of my maroon/black 06', but don't want to shell out the money for expensive colored bolts or to have the inner fairings painted when I believe I should be able to do something myself.

It may not be as professional as a paint shop (powdercoating), but look a hell of a lot beter than stock silver bolts heads and textured black plastic inner fairings.

Any painters out there have advice on sanding, primer/paint type, finish, etc. w/out buying all the expensive painting tools, which I have none of beyond an aerosol can?

Make sure you sand the inners down smooth. I've seen several done this way and they look great.

iamwithstupid.gif

Powder coat is more durable.
[/Quote]
He cant powdercoat plastic...
I assume that you are talking about the boltz...

No secrets being with held,painting plastics has to be done right. If you just spray the plastic with a can of paint,without any adhesion promoter,it's coming off when you are riding down the freeway!

Here:

i had mine painted to match the bike without the graphics along with the undertail & it looks sweet!all my painter does is sand down the panels,add adhesion promoter,primer,paint & clear coat.I assume he can do the bolts.I'll ask him next week when I see him.also for the quality I think he is VERY affordable.

(ranman @ Jan. 12 2007,03:21) do any of the members paint the inner panels?
beerchug.gif
Theres an shop called Racer Ready in Florida that did mine. I'll post some pics. They sanded them really smooth and they came out great!
Made the bike looked finished.

Back