HMF Dual High Mount Install

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
Well guys, got bored yesterday and grew tired of waiting for my power commander so I decided to go ahead and install my full system. The kit is first quality and fits like a glove.If you like myself,try to undertake the install yourself,be PATIENT!!! The tolerances are very close,But I assure you that its a perfect fit.I also disabled the O2 sensor as my busa is a European or california model. Once I got finished with the exhaust which took about 5 hours for me,I went ahead and Installed the HID conversion kit, This only took about an hour. Theres little room for the ballasts, so stick them where you can.I put one on top of the right side ram air tube and the other in the right side fairing. Here are some pics of the exhaust installed.

DSCI0048.JPG

Just waiting for the power commander,timing retard and and nitrous kit to arrive, then its game on. Oh yeah, I Highly recommend that you wrap your headers all the way to the x-pipe,HMF doesnt give you enough heat resistance and in researching this install on the site here, I saw that alot of guys experienced fairing melting problems, so far so good!
smile.gif

She is lookin' as sweet as she did when I saw her in person. I see what you meant about the caps for the HMF now! Nice touch!

Thanks guys, I got all my info for this modand all the others from the board, the guy that came up with the idea for an online community for Hayabusa owers is in my opinion way ahead of the rest of the pack.There is so much usefull info here, its unbelievable!!!
smile.gif

One word on the exhaust/Busa SWEET!!!

I like the HMF though a few others maybe a bit better OVERALL it is my choice as well EXCEPT I want a little more Customized AKA Dual/Duplex BigBirds in High Mount
smile.gif

Enjoy your Pipes and all
smile.gif

smile.gif

Nice. I like the Chrome Sliders too. Mine stalled and almost went down in the cold weather, and I never had sliders for my other bikes, but just may have to get some for this to protect it if it does fall.

Hayabusa Knight, unless you want a very loud bike, i would reconsider the big bird cans, my high mounts are shall we say LOUD!!! But they sound very good and have a very distinct sound of their own, kind of like the flowmasters on a mustang!
tounge.gif

One word on the exhaust/Busa SWEET!!!

I like the HMF though a few others maybe a bit better OVERALL it is my choice as well EXCEPT I want a little more Customized AKA Dual/Duplex BigBirds in High Mount
smile.gif

Enjoy your Pipes and all
smile.gif
Have you contacted HMF on this. Another member of this board tried to do the same thing and get the big bird cans on the dual high mount and they would not do them. They said that there would be not enough room for them. I'm sure it could be a custom job, if you wanted to try, but I don't think HMF will do them.

smile.gif

Looking for a better map if there is one, I have a European or California model with the O2 sensor disabled,Full HMF, K&N,and the pair is still intact but have absolutely no backfires. The bike rund perfect but if there is a more agressive map out there I'd like to try it, Thanks:)

BS72069, that was a special request to HMF, I didnt want my busa exhaust looking like every other HMF equiped busa, so they did it for me. The caps are from their factory sponsored quad riders own pipe. If you already have a HMF exhaust and you want the caps, just give them a call and they will probably sell you the caps, just tell them you want a pair of ballance caps.Cool?
smile.gif

I'm so dissappointed, nobody noticed the trick little LED turn signals. They are the little chrome things you see on the black factory undertail. I'll by the first guy that can tell what they were made for a BeeR!
smile.gif

BS72069, that was a special request to HMF, I didnt want my busa exhaust looking like every other HMF equiped busa, so they did it for me. The caps are from their factory sponsored quad riders own pipe. If you already have a HMF exhaust and you want the caps, just give them a call and they will probably sell you the caps, just tell them you want a pair of ballance caps.Cool?
smile.gif
Oh ok thats cool they did that. Thanks for the info.

Hayabusa Knight, unless you want a very loud bike, i would reconsider the big bird cans, my high mounts are shall we say LOUD!!! But they sound very good and have a very distinct sound of their own, kind of like the flowmasters on a mustang!
tounge.gif

Hmmmm, I know the BiGBirds are loud. Especially when one gets on the throttle.

Like the End Caps on your HMF's

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><u>http://www.outlawcycleworks.com/hayabusamovie.html
</u></span></span>

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100797894 -->

Hey Nitrosjunkie, The high mount HMFs look great. I am considering the low mounts to retain the stock look. The twenty dollor question: Did the exsaust mod give you much more power. Is it worth $1000?

Back