DRAGONS BREATH RIDE  (Vman1300)

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Dragons Breath Ride (catchy huh?)

RIDE PAGE: Details Page

VMAN1300 has offered to take small flights (3 or 4 bikes) of riders from the CrossRoads to the Overlook and back.. approximate time is 30 minutes

Want to be shown the best lines through the Dragon? How about critique of your style and lines....

THIS IS NOT A SPEED RUN....this is a "skills" run

There are two types of rides that Kevin has offered up...

Rookie Runs:
You will follow your leader through the Dragon and taught the best line to take... Again this is about technique and how to chose your line..THIS IS NOT A SPEED TRIAL.....

Advanced Run:
If you know the run, how to pick your lines but need some tuneup help, VMAN will "follow" you. He "May" have video (not yet sure about this part) of your ride and will give you some one on one coaching...(You know guys pay big bucks for this)

Here is what we need to set this up

As flights are limited to 3 or 4 bikes, you will have to "commit" to this ride early.. If you want one of these rides Saturday after the photo shoot here is what to do...

Post your Name and type of ride you want...

you may have to sit at the crossroads for an hour or more so be aware of this before you post... You could possibly run the Dragon by yourself in the mean time but you better be ready when your flight takes off...

If you miss your flight, you are done... Please, do not miss your ride...

We need to know early how many and what types of rides are needed... VMAN may have a solution if we end up with more "riders" than time..
smile.gif
more on that later if needed..

SO POST YOUR NAME RIDE TYPE...

AGAIN THIS IS NOT A SPEED RUN..... (did I mention that?)

And Kevin, Thank you for this , it seems more like a raffle prize than a ride
smile.gif
thumb_up.gif

smile.gif

Va, I'm so glad you're back - I haven't laughed that hard in a while!

Va, I'm so glad you're back - I haven't laughed that hard in a while!
What?? I meant it girl
laugh.gif
Kevin knows where to go for pointers on knee dragging and twisty riding. I don't want him getting shy on me
smile.gif

tounge.gif
I've missed you guys and gals...

Can I put my own name down for this?
smile.gif
how about a hybrid run? rookie one way, advanced back if the Vman thinks it is ok?

Can I put my own name down for this?
smile.gif
how about a hybrid run? rookie one way, advanced back if the Vman thinks it is ok?
I think it takes years to get to that "advanced" point, not just the one run through...well, unless you're me, I mean...did you see that shot?!

smile.gif

I think it's a great idea and Kevin's the guy to show you the ropes or just try to keep up with...those that go will have a blast!

smile.gif

Can I can post my name for a Rookie ride?

Thanks for posting this up, I know you are burning the midnight oil getting all this set up.

I think this will be alot of fun for all involved. I am really looking forward to helping as many as I can enjoy this great road.

I do ask a few things and most are basic requirements for any riding. As Mr B posted, this will in no way be a ride to improve on YOUR speed. The Gap or any public road is no place for that. I am a HUGH fan of track days, get thee to one to gain skills that will make you a smoother and therefore faster street rider. Please check your machine BEFORE heading out, IE tire pressure, tire condition, brake pads, tire pressure, chain tension, did I mention tire pressure? I will not tech your bike, but I will not lead someone with a bald tire. A big plus...make sure your suspension is properly set up. Wheelers just outside Robbinsville can do this if you are arriving early.

Riding at the Gap for many years I do not know how many passes I have of the Hill, but more that I care to count. I am no expert on every single corner, that is best left to locals that ride there everyday...but I do know a few of them, lol.

I enjoy watching all aspects of people riding, be it faster or slower than I am. I learn more from just watching, be it another way to negotiate a corner or a braking point. I am no coach, teacher, or never will be a pro rider. What I have to say YOU have to decide if it will help you. There is no way in 30 min I can learn ALL about the way each of us rides. Please take what I have to say with a grain of salt.... If I see something unsafe, ask Yamahor, I will let you know.

What I am think in terms of how this will work.

I will follow the group through on the way to the overlook to observe the pace the group is comfortable with. At the Overlook, I will make suggestions on what I have observed on the way through. On the way back, I will do my best to match that pace on the way back to the Cross Roads. On the way back, I would prefer to lead and help point out lines. Again, I will do my best to MATCH the speed given on the way through. Once back at the CROT, if you have questions, comments or suggestions, that would be the time.

I will have video as long as the battery holds out and I will be more than happy to make copies and mail them out.

Again, this is all dependent on the weather, road condition and most of all my energy level.

Sign me up Kevin. This will be my 3rd trip there. I do OK but have alot of room for improvement.

Back