Zx14

rdd102781

Registered
I know this is a forum for the Hayabusa, but do anyone know if you can lower the ZX14 with the stock triple tree? I am not talking about with straps. Thanks

how much are you lookin for ? my understanding is lowering them will really affect your handling as well as your clearance to the oil pan and it's kinda a pain.

Yes they slide right through. 1.5-2.0 inches is the norm in the front.

Yes you can lower it with the stock tree but start saving for a new oil pan. The drain bolt is really low.

Yes you can lower it with the stock tree but start saving for a new oil pan. The drain bolt is really low.
Yep they scrape oil drain bolts stock with a heavy rider...........I wouldn't lower one at all unless I had a chopped pan or relocated/flush mount drain bolt.

Brought home mine today - 08 Saphire Blue. My Busa will no longer be lonely in the garage...

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

i cant imagine guys on the zx14 forum being this nice when some1 starts a thread about a busa...
:bowdown:

Brought home mine today - 08 Saphire Blue. My Busa will no longer be lonely in the garage...

How would you compare the two? There's a black & orange ZX at our dealer that acts like a magnet for my eyes every time I go in there...

How would you compare the two? There's a black & orange ZX at our dealer that acts like a magnet for my eyes every time I go in there...

So far the riding feels totally different when I compare the two. Need to ride more to be able to provide all the details expecially it's still in break-in stage (tires to new for me to do any leanings...). First impression, the steering felt much lighter than Busa and I did feel like I'm riding a 250 instead. Hopefully will be able to ride more this weekend...

Black & Orange ZX is too fancy for me...

Back