ZX14 to Hayabusa questions

New_busaowner

Registered
I recently parted out my zx14, the bike was a nightmare. I would like to get a Hayabusa I know the Hayabusa's have a transmission problem, I recently found a Hayabusa for sale that has the common transmission issue I was wondering after the transmission was undercut was completed has anyone experienced any other transmission issues. I would also like to run a 1397 big bore kit have anyone had any issue with one of these APE kits I planned of getting the head port and polished and a performance valve job?

Welcome to the Org! You've come to the right place for answers. I own a 2014 Gen 2. My answer: what transmission problem??

Feel free to use the 'SEARCH' option on the forum to research your issue and good luck finding the right bike. IT IS OUT THERE!

transmission popping out of gear
Someone that knows fir sure can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe on the 2nd gen the trans issue was addressed so that leads me to think your looking at a 1st gen. Usually once they were undercut I never heard of anyone having that issue again. As far as going with the big bore I don't have any experience but there should be a few guys along to tell you to turbo it instead.

Someone that knows fir sure can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe on the 2nd gen the trans issue was addressed so that leads me to think your looking at a 1st gen. Usually once they were undercut I never heard of anyone having that issue again. As far as going with the big bore I don't have any experience but there should be a few guys along to tell you to turbo it instead.
thanks

Welcome. Take a moment to introduce yourself...
Second gear isn't a universal issue. Plenty of info on 1397 builds, a search will provide you with all the information you need.

Many sport bikes have a second gear problem. I suspect it's caused by inexperienced riders preforming ill timed, sloppy, full throttle clutched upshifts rounding off engagement dogs that are not completely engaged.

There are many HIGH mileage Hayabusas with no transmission problems.
I've got 54 thousand miles with zero problems.

An experienced adult owned well maintained Busa is very unlikely to have any problems.

cheers
ken

I recently parted out my zx14, the bike was a nightmare. I would like to get a Hayabusa I know the Hayabusa's have a transmission problem, I recently found a Hayabusa for sale that has the common transmission issue I was wondering after the transmission was undercut was completed has anyone experienced any other transmission issues. I would also like to run a 1397 big bore kit have anyone had any issue with one of these APE kits I planned of getting the head port and polished and a performance valve job?

Welcome, I take it you had a gen 1 ZX14...the gen 2 ZX14Rs are pretty serious bikes...

I have no problems with my gen 2 Busa, which gen Busa are you looking for?

Are you looking to drag this bike or looking for a street/canyon carver?

Lots of great info on here not just for different configurations of Busas but ZX14Rs as well...

Back