ZX14 Master Cylinder

04LE

Registered
So i don't think the ZX14 Masters i just bought will fit on the 08+ busa without some cutting of the inner panel near the gauge cluster. What other bikes have radial master cylinders for both clutch and brake that will fit?

So i don't think the ZX14 Masters i just bought will fit on the 08+ busa without some cutting of the inner panel near the gauge cluster. What other bikes have radial master cylinders for both clutch and brake that will fit?

Not to kill your hopes but, I tried zx14, bking, gsxr 1000, etc and all had that problem on my 09. I got tired of it and just ordered a brembo 19rcs. I still have the b-king's MC laying around.

Hi mate,
There Is a mod on this forum with pic's and he has used brembo RCS 19 master clutch and brake cylinders with rizoma reservoirs.
If you can get any more info please post list of parts used I am looking at doing this mod myself.
Cheers Paul j. From Australia

Yea I know about the brembo or the accossato master cylinders but for the setup for front (clutch and brake) looking around $500.

That's why I am trying to find an alternative way.

I am hoping that a different lever that is not as bulky near the adjusters would fix the problem.

So heres a pic of how long the zx14 master with lever is. right around 4.5 inches. The stock setup is right around 3.5 inches with barely 1/2 inch of space on the brake side and little more on the clutch side.

if there was a lever setup that would be thinner at the adjustment point they would fit.

20130708_201801.jpg

20130708_203139.jpg

20130708_203206.jpg

20130708_203336.jpg

20130708_203429.jpg

Rubb, looks like I would need the setup that moves bar closer to the gas tank for spacing. Pics attached you csn see the problem with the bking levers. Since the 14r has a remote resivor my only problem is the levers and they are about the same as what the bking levers are doing in the pic.

img_2011.jpg

img_2013.jpg

I think what I might do is by another dash trim around the guage cluster and mark it. Then cut out the part that is hitting and use a nylon cloth to cover the hole. This way when the lever touches it can expand and not cause the brake or clutch to be engaged unexpectedly and will also provide some protection from the elements.

I think what I might do is by another dash trim around the guage cluster and mark it. Then cut out the part that is hitting and use a nylon cloth to cover the hole. This way when the lever touches it can expand and not cause the brake or clutch to be engaged unexpectedly and will also provide some protection from the elements.

Would a pinch longer of a clip on fix you up?

If you want to experiment with those dash pieces,I can check my shop to see if I have them.

They would be yours for the cost of shipping only.

RSD.

Not sure of what you mean by pich longer of a clip?

I acted too soon. I bought that one piece on ebay for 29/shipped. Cheap enough that I didnt mind. I appreciate the offer.

Either by monday I should have a hole in the current pannels to see how it fits and what it looks like. I am hoping I won't notice too much since it is on the upper portion of the panel.

Not sure of what you mean by pich longer of a clip?

I acted too soon. I bought that one piece on ebay for 29/shipped. Cheap enough that I didnt mind. I appreciate the offer.

Either by monday I should have a hole in the current pannels to see how it fits and what it looks like. I am hoping I won't notice too much since it is on the upper portion of the panel.

Clip on. (handle bar) Sounds like you have it figured out.:thumbsup:

Good luck with it.

RSD.

So 2 year update. Helibars installed and the zx14 masters will work. Still have to fab up the resivors. Does anyone know how to wire up the clutch switches? Nothing to hook the wires up to like the oem master. Brake side the wires hookup perfectly.

So 2 year update. Helibars installed and the zx14 masters will work. Still have to fab up the resivors. Does anyone know how to wire up the clutch switches? Nothing to hook the wires up to like the oem master. Brake side the wires hookup perfectly.

Not sure but couldn't you just bypass the clutch switch?

Let me look at my set up again. I had no issues running stock clutch sensor lines.

Back