ZX10 is FAST

Ok, coming from the 'Busa camp here... let's address the Cycle World (or was it Sport Rider) cover this month.... a BMW Busa beater?  Can anyone picture a BMW 1200 beating a Hayabusa?  Time change, companies change, but I don't really see it happening, even with 168hp.  I don't remember if the artical I read, half asleep as I was, mention if that was rear-wheel or crank hp, or if it had ram air assist.  As a Hayabusa owner, I have to say I am a bit worried about our top speed king title with the new ability of the ZX-10 and R1, but a BMW?  Ummmmmm, no. Anyone else?
i wouldn't worry about it. i got the bike that i wanted. if you're still concern, just get the fastest bike, what ever that is. me, i'll still keep the bus because nothing out there has the looks, comfort and performance combo of the bus. so far haven't even gone pass 200mph on the bus so it's kind of pointless to have the fastest unless there's a purpose for it imho.

zx-10 is a good bike. I like it even less then the 12 for a good riding fit though.

Well the guy on the GSXR1000 never showed to race Norman, so I jumped on this guy who wanted to do a 2nd gear roll on with his ZX-10R (nobody wants to drag race anymore).  He couldn't seem to decide whether he wanted the "hit" or some bike lengths.

So I pulled out a couple of dice and put them in his hand and told him to shake them and throw them on the ground and whatever came up was how many bike lengths I would give him.  He rolled snake eyes...This poor sucker has no luck at all.  He then decided that he didn't want the bike lengths and said all he needed was the hit.

So we get on the light...There's no traffic ahead for over a mile and there's no exits or entrances on the road during that stretch. So we leave the light soft, stick them both in 2nd gear, he looks over and I give him a nod to let him know I'm ready.

He looks ahead...waits...and the he hits...Then I hit. As soon as I hit it was over...I'm still in 2nd gear and I'm already by him, then I go to 3rd gear...Now I'm really moving and in full tuck...I'm putting tractor trailors on him, 4th gear...putting tenths of a mile on him...5th gear...I'm running out of road and I'm still running away...I hit 6th held it for a minute, but not long enough for the shift light to come on. GPS Max Speed in the run...178mph.

I look back and his headlight is a tiny little dot way back there.  We pull to the side and he said..."You got me, ain't no need to run it back".

I love this $hit!
Man sounds like you gutted him pretty good. We always get into the debate of racing so I just want to know a few things.

1-His/your riding & racing experience
2-His/your weight
3-Both bike mods (if any)

I'm pretty siked that you spanked em so bad. For my own conscious I want to know you guys and your bikes were as evenly matched as possible. Man next time get that one on tape though, I'd buy that DVD. Good kill!

BD

I rode one at Laconia a couple of weeks ago its fast the thing came off the ground on while shifting up1-4,handling is SUPERB I was killing corners and switchbacks Its nice but feels like a 600 it wasn't too uncomfortable.Needs a steering damper.Its very light if you like wheelies you will blow you load.But its no BUSA!
tounge.gif

I hate to admit it but the other night I got beat two out of three times by one doing 2nd gear roll on's. Me a 10 and a GSXR 1000 all went. Of course I beat the 1000 everytime but the 10 was piped and geared, (supposedly that's all), Me, BDE full system PC111r, airbox mod, TRE 16t sprocket, lowered.

He did'nt get me that bad but I'm def. looking forward to starting off a light!!

Back