ZX10 is FAST

Cool as hell and I'm definitely a believer that the bike is fast, but I'm having a little trouble with the constant 9.38, 9.39, and 9.37 second quarter times with only those stated modifications. I realize that it's possible with the right rider, but from all the reports I've read, the stock ZX10 wasn't even getting in the 9's on quarter times. But, I guess videotape doesn't lie...
wow.gif

A good friend of mine has an orange zx 10 and it is very fast, he does not have it fully broken in yet but it sounds good too. He loves it, he moved down from a zx 12r and says it pulls harder than his old bike. He has a full muzzy system coming, I cant wait to hear it when he has it broken in fully. They are fast but still no busa

Went to the dragstrip a couple weeks ago and watched Ryan Schnitz run a bone stock (except slip on) zx10 to a 9.50 @148.8mph. It was 93-94 degrees and we also had a cross headwind around 15mph. I think givin the right rpm in first, it'll outpull a stock busa to around 150. They are a bad little bike.

The guy in that video is Norman Jackson from the Washington, DC area and he used to be a factory sponsored rider for Kawasaki and while the motor in that bike is stock,...The rest of the bike is hardly stock.

It's got a full Akrapovic pipe, it's two teeth down in the front, race fuel (MR-9) slammed to the ground and has one of the baddest jockies in the mutha fuggin United States sitting at the controls. He's gone 9.1's since that video.

I'm meeting up with him tonight to take some poor suckers money who hasn't seen the video...He's racing a GSXR-1000 that only thinks he needs the "hit".

Wait til he see's what we brung him. If he has any money left after the initial slaughter I'm gonna bust his ass with my BUSA.

When will people learn...Know your competition before you start talking trash.

It's got a full Akrapovic pipe, it's two teeth down in the front, race fuel (MR-9) slammed to the ground and has one of the baddest jockies in the mutha fuggin United States sitting at the controls
There are several piecies to the Akro puzzle an alternate ecm or something that acts like a power commander...Altogether they sell for the 10 at close to 3g's...Supposed to loose the beast...Anyway I'm stock to just have a funny looking pipe...
evil.gif

The guy in that video is Norman Jackson from the Washington, DC area and he used to be a factory sponsored rider for Kawasaki and while the motor in that bike is stock,...The rest of the bike is hardly stock.

It's got a full Akrapovic pipe, it's two teeth down in the front, race fuel (MR-9) slammed to the ground and has one of the baddest jockies in the mutha fuggin United States sitting at the controls.  He's gone 9.1's since that video.

I'm meeting up with him tonight to take some poor suckers money who hasn't seen the video...He's racing a GSXR-1000 that only thinks he needs the "hit".

Wait til he see's what we brung him.  If he has any money left after the initial slaughter I'm gonna bust his ass with my BUSA.

Poor gsxr 1k guy ... he'll never know what hit him
smile.gif

I can beat jackson or schnitz's ass. with two hands tied behind my back riding backwards with my eyes closed. ........oh pcp wearing off..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Those were some incredible times that the bike posted. That was also some great riding. BTW, bacharles, I know a little somethin' about the Psi Phi!!!!

A good friend of mine has an orange zx 10 and it is very fast, he does not have it fully broken in yet but it sounds good too.  He loves it, he moved down from a zx 12r and says it pulls harder than his old bike.  He has a full muzzy system coming, I cant wait to hear it when he has it broken in fully.  They are fast but still no busa
I think Kawi has always had the best sounding stock bikes compared to the rest.

A good friend of mine has an orange zx 10 and it is very fast, he does not have it fully broken in yet but it sounds good too.  He loves it, he moved down from a zx 12r and says it pulls harder than his old bike.  He has a full muzzy system coming, I cant wait to hear it when he has it broken in fully.  They are fast but still no busa
I think Kawi has always had the best sounding stock bikes compared to the rest.
WORD

Ok, coming from the 'Busa camp here... let's address the Cycle World (or was it Sport Rider) cover this month.... a BMW Busa beater? Can anyone picture a BMW 1200 beating a Hayabusa? Time change, companies change, but I don't really see it happening, even with 168hp. I don't remember if the artical I read, half asleep as I was, mention if that was rear-wheel or crank hp, or if it had ram air assist. As a Hayabusa owner, I have to say I am a bit worried about our top speed king title with the new ability of the ZX-10 and R1, but a BMW? Ummmmmm, no. Anyone else?

It's got a full Akrapovic pipe, it's two teeth down in the front, race fuel (MR-9) slammed to the ground and has one of the baddest jockies in the mutha fuggin United States sitting at the controls.  He's gone 9.1's since that video.

Wait til he see's what we brung him.  If he has any money left after the initial slaughter I'm gonna bust his ass with my BUSA.

I knew that bike wasn't stock.
wink.gif

Well the guy on the GSXR1000 never showed to race Norman, so I jumped on this guy who wanted to do a 2nd gear roll on with his ZX-10R (nobody wants to drag race anymore). He couldn't seem to decide whether he wanted the "hit" or some bike lengths.

So I pulled out a couple of dice and put them in his hand and told him to shake them and throw them on the ground and whatever came up was how many bike lengths I would give him. He rolled snake eyes...This poor sucker has no luck at all. He then decided that he didn't want the bike lengths and said all he needed was the hit.

So we get on the light...There's no traffic ahead for over a mile and there's no exits or entrances on the road during that stretch. So we leave the light soft, stick them both in 2nd gear, he looks over and I give him a nod to let him know I'm ready.

He looks ahead...waits...and the he hits...Then I hit. As soon as I hit it was over...I'm still in 2nd gear and I'm already by him, then I go to 3rd gear...Now I'm really moving and in full tuck...I'm putting tractor trailors on him, 4th gear...putting tenths of a mile on him...5th gear...I'm running out of road and I'm still running away...I hit 6th held it for a minute, but not long enough for the shift light to come on. GPS Max Speed in the run...178mph.

I look back and his headlight is a tiny little dot way back there. We pull to the side and he said..."You got me, ain't no need to run it back".

I love this $hit!

Back