zx-10's really this fast?

wow! Amazing bike. why have we never heard they could do this before? ? ? ?

... oh.
smile.gif

I tried, but couldn't make it through the whole video. There is a handy process called "video editing" he might want to try. The first quarter of the video is a really exciting Sunday ride through residential streets. Why???

Yup, that could have easily been paired down to about 20 seconds
tounge.gif

I especially liked sitting at the traffic lights
laugh.gif

I tried, but couldn't make it through the whole video.  There is a handy process called "video editing" he might want to try.  The first quarter of the video is a really exciting Sunday ride through residential streets.  Why???
nahh... look at this time. There is no time editing. Speedo might be not corrected and big sprocket for sure.

He must be a inexperienced rider,I've never seen my nuetral light come on while shifting.

I am apt to believe this is some bullshid for one good reason. The hayabusa makes the top end speeds it does centraled around one factor it has that other bikes don't......it's aerodynamics. It's not a matter of a lot of these bikes not having the POWER needed to produce the speed but in the high airflow slipstreams their drag overcomes the power the engine is producing. The ZX-10 is not a very aerodynamic formed bike. The Busa is however. It has the sloped front protruding back from the headlights, the cut ins at the tank for the riders knees, the ram air, and lots of other things that let it cut cleanly through the air. This bike was accelerating like was on a DYNO machine. I am not sure what the deal was here but I am leaning towards a sprocket change myself.

I have to agree...tho the zx10 is crazy fast, I think that vid was of one with lower gearing.

Make no mistake tho...todays liter bikes can RUN!

Yes, the ZX-10 is fast. Don't understimate this bike. I personally had one pass me at about 185 mph, on my busa. Then he proceeded to pass my cousin. My cousin busa was reading 225 mph. Don't get caught slipping.

They are fast, I run regularly with two guys one completely stock and on mildly modded 10's and they are quik, they pull at first, but I reel them in at arond 175.. The nit is over.. But they are quik.. boy they are fast.. My boy with the Gix never wants to run wit us, I'll have to get one to see how fast they really are.

Yes, the ZX-10 is fast.  Don't understimate this bike.  I personally had one pass me at about 185 mph, on my busa.  Then he proceeded to pass my cousin.  My cousin busa was reading 225 mph.  Don't get caught slipping.
That's funny because no BUSA speedo reads 225mph?
rock.gif

This video proves one thing and one thing only......factory speedos LIE!
wink.gif

The xx-10 is really fast, I should know my brother has one and we've done some roll-ons but it's not that fast and it's not faster than the busa.

Back