ZVX2 Chain cleaning

meangene21

Registered
I recently purchased an EK zvx2 chain for my Busa... I have less than 200 miles on it. So it has not had the first adjustment done. However, it came stock with ALOT of grease on it. I see alot of people with chains that do not have grease showing at all.. How do they get it this way and is it good for the chain? I can not stand having the grease fly everywhere.... I have read the chain cleaning sticky in this forum but it only talks about o ring style chains.

I was thinking that I would buy the suzuki chain cleaner and chain oil at 600 miles and clean/oil the inside of the chain.. Too soon?
I basically only drive the bike in good weather and on country roads... If that matters at all.. Thanks in advance for helping out.

The manual recommends kerosene. Also, it is very cheap, works well, not harmful to o-rings and dry within moments.

Get ya some kerosene, a tooth brush.
Pour the kerosene in a 5 gallon bucket and allow the chain to soak
for few minutes. Take your tooth brush and start brushing away the nasty
white lithium grease. Once you removed all the white grease. now dry it with
some old towels.
Now get ya some dupont chain wax (blue can) and apply to the chain.
Woooo Lahhhh nice clean chain lubed with a clear wax. Loooks so purteeeeeee:laugh:

Ohhh and dont forget to clean all that grease that was slung on your wheel and rear

31MKFtdMU3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Kerosene2.jpg
241233d1331037261-dupont-teflon-chain-lube-update-dupont-chain-lubes.jpg

WD40 and soak a rag with it. then just wipe the chain clean. then i go for a 20min ride to warm up the chain before putting chain lube on it

Back