Zumo 550 and Scala rider Q2

SKINN

Donating Member
Registered
How in the h3ll do I get the XM radio to play through the Scala? The Nav and MP3's play fine through the Scala, but no XM... Please help...!

You need to buy the XM option, just like with the traffic, costs extra and there are more cables/antennas.

I already have XM with traffic..! I'm trying to get it to play through the Scala... I must be missing something. If I hook it up with the car kit it plays, but not through the Scala...

Sorry I haven't been on the org for 5 days.....I'm down here in San Diego riding every day with the SoCal boys! I have never used a Scala so I suggest you call their tech people for directions. I simply route my radar det into a joint plug with the Zumo then earbuds (Radio Shack has all kinds of connections for that). I'll be installing a Scala soon so please let me know what you find out! Doyle

I'm still searching...! I just read this at Wirevo D1000 - IMC Motorcom USA

The wiRevo D1000V is the highest quality bluetooth adapter available. With features such as 24 bit audio via Bluetooth® 2.0, it will turn any non-Bluetooth® GPS or mp3 player into the ultimate wireless audio. The unit will also convert the output of the Garmin Zumo 550 to 24 bit stereo and allow transmission of the XM radio via Bluetooth without losing phone passthrough.

The built in amplifier makes the D1000 the best Bluetooth adapter for motorcyclists as it boosts the audio levels from your device which is absolutely necessary when riding at highway speeds.

As a bonus for a limited time customers who order the D1000 will receive a free wiRevo s300 stereo Bluetooth® headset, which has a retail value of 99.95! Use it in the garage with your wiRevo D1000 and lose the wires no matter where your are.

Okay...! I've talked to a couple people confirmed a working solution. I'll be selling my NEW Scala q2...!

From the Zumo forum...

Following benchmarkhelmets instructions:

1. Paired headset channel 1 to Zumo-OK, I can hear GPS, MP3 and XM through Camos but the music quality is nothing to write home about.
2. Set Zumo -->Tools-->Bluetooth -->Audio to Phone only - OK, now I can't hear anything as expected.
3. Power off the Zumo
4. Pair the WiRevo dongle to the Camos - OK after 2 tries.

Procedure:
Put the Camos in pairing mode on channel 1.
Put WiREvo in pairing mode by holding menu button and sliding OFF--> ON, wait for light to turn to blue flashing and check that the pairing light on the Camos is flashing slowly -OK that seems to have worked.

5. Power on the Zumo
6. Plug in the Wirevo to the Garmin bike cradle audio out port (the larger, lower one)) - NO GOOD! - Not getting any sound (no GPS, MP3 or XM), just like the previous poster. WTF!
*** Step 7 *** Then I recalled that the Zumo does not output any audio unless it's in the cradle and the CRADLE IS RECEIVING 12V POWER.

Turned on the ignition and VOILA, great sound in stereo - a whole other experience after the mono disappointment.

I then paired my iPhone to the Zumo and it loaded its phone book.

I'm still searching...! I just read this at Wirevo D1000 - IMC Motorcom USA

The wiRevo D1000V is the highest quality bluetooth adapter available. With features such as 24 bit audio via Bluetooth® 2.0, it will turn any non-Bluetooth® GPS or mp3 player into the ultimate wireless audio. The unit will also convert the output of the Garmin Zumo 550 to 24 bit stereo and allow transmission of the XM radio via Bluetooth without losing phone passthrough.

The built in amplifier makes the D1000 the best Bluetooth adapter for motorcyclists as it boosts the audio levels from your device which is absolutely necessary when riding at highway speeds.

As a bonus for a limited time customers who order the D1000 will receive a free wiRevo s300 stereo Bluetooth® headset, which has a retail value of 99.95! Use it in the garage with your wiRevo D1000 and lose the wires no matter where your are.

Bookmarked.... Thank you, been looking for such a device when it comes time to purchase a Garmin550. You da man!

Back