Zuk vs Kaw Battle For Crown

I confess I don't know that much about either of these guys outside of the obvious but I cant help but wonder if these guys really hate each other or if they are just reasonable to each other and enjoy the hype when making video's.
I follow both of them on social media and I think it's the hype for videos and the races.

Megatron is a beast....

Well , I do think it was not the best match up , could be running a better zx14r example than a two brothers piped , stock wheels etc. , I know both are EJR tuned.... vs Megatron with BST wheels , full ti CT Meg pipe ....
but it is certainly a fast n/a Busa and I would like it .
@WuzzaCBXRider , Who’s the idiot wearing shorts?
EJR is probably wearing shorts , so the others might as well .... they don't ever seemed worried about potentially losing any bark .

Last edited:
Well , I do think it was not the best match up , could be running a better zx14r example than a two brothers piped , stock wheels etc. , I know both are EJR tuned.... vs Megatron with BST wheels , full ti CT Meg pipe ....
EJR is probably wearing shorts , so the others might as well .... they don't ever seemed worried about potentially losing any bark .
I wasn't really focusing on the Kwacker....but even with the stock rims the Kawi should have put up more of a fight as they are already ahead in hp/tq....

If you lined up your two bikes, which one would come out ahead?

I wasn't really focusing on the Kwacker....but even with the stock rims the Kawi should have put up more of a fight as they are already ahead in hp/tq....

If you lined up your two bikes, which one would come out ahead?
Maybe just crap rider on 14 , but Megatron is a very full weight reduction Busa , and like I said there would of been a lot better choices of ZX14R out there , amongst those dudes for sure . 10 HP 5 ftlb roughly difference in stock form .
As for my things they share similar mods , wheels are same type , fronts same , the rears the Busa is narrower at 6.25" vs 6.625" , running same tires and ceramics . Both run similar forks / shock / swingarm , but the Busa will be a bit lighter , it has more reductions .
Now with me on each respectively from a standing start , I feel my shorter geared Busa would match the Zed14 up to 100mph maybe a few more mph , but the Kawasaki would walk away from then on . Both bikes will be lofting front wheel , even with the big diameter rotors they share . I know the Busa is far more aerodynamic at truly high speed , but the Zed14 will get to near top speed first , because of gearing .
My Busa will still pull around 180mph , but put standard gearing back on it , and a good lightweight rider and let him rip on it , then on the Zed14 , well the 14 will be quicker to near top speed , the Busa may come back at the top from aero but the race their will already be over . The Zed14 has more power , stock .
Here is a pic for you of dyno readout for the Zed14 (sorry faint ) , I first removed the PC5 , this tuner does not use it , then the US ECU flash was removed , the bike put reset back to stock settings , thus the 187 bhp start point , then re tuned with Woolich tune on his new dynojet (blokes got 2 dynojets ) . There is no air / fuel , the fella does not share it , but it is a great tune for the street on 98 pump gas , same as US 93 .
IMG_20210507_141526.jpg

Maybe just crap rider on 14 , but Megatron is a very full weight reduction Busa , and like I said there would of been a lot better choices of ZX14R out there , amongst those dudes for sure . 10 HP 5 ftlb roughly difference in stock form .
As for my things they share similar mods , wheels are same type , fronts same , the rears the Busa is narrower at 6.25" vs 6.625" , running same tires and ceramics . Both run similar forks / shock / swingarm , but the Busa will be a bit lighter , it has more reductions .
Now with me on each respectively from a standing start , I feel my shorter geared Busa would match the Zed14 up to 100mph maybe a few more mph , but the Kawasaki would walk away from then on . Both bikes will be lofting front wheel , even with the big diameter rotors they share . I know the Busa is far more aerodynamic at truly high speed , but the Zed14 will get to near top speed first , because of gearing .
My Busa will still pull around 180mph , but put standard gearing back on it , and a good lightweight rider and let him rip on it , then on the Zed14 , well the 14 will be quicker to near top speed , the Busa may come back at the top from aero but the race their will already be over . The Zed14 has more power , stock .
Here is a pic for you of dyno readout for the Zed14 (sorry faint ) , I first removed the PC5 , this tuner does not use it , then the US ECU flash was removed , the bike put reset back to stock settings , thus the 187 bhp start point , then re tuned with Woolich tune on his new dynojet (blokes got 2 dynojets ) . There is no air / fuel , the fella does not share it , but it is a great tune for the street on 98 pump gas , same as US 93 .
View attachment 1638613
That is a pretty respectable number, did you get your Busa done by the same fellow? How does it's numbers compare?

That is a pretty respectable number, did you get your Busa done by the same fellow? How does it's numbers compare?
No , this is a new tuner , he is about 80km away . Maybe get the Busa proper tune there to see , that fella will want to junk the pc5 too . I am going to take the 14 back to where first US tune was checked , 199bhp to see the difference . That is same place as the Busa was last dyno'd , which is noted as a low reader dyno , but considered higher than the new tuners brand new calibrated dyno .
The Busa made 183bhp , no tune , Brocks generic map loaded pc5 and just a sent ECU off interstate for flash and returned . The Busa has since a couple of minor details , short stacks in airbox , the top sprint filter ( same as Zed14 ) , full wrapped airbox for cool air .
See the torque of the Zed14 , it makes 90ftlb at 3000rpm , and at the end of run still close to 95ftlb . Hits 117ftlb max , on the road , from max torque onwards , it is pretty savage through the gears . The Busa is pretty savage too , the short gears rip , they both wheelie readily , sometimes too readily , corner to corner in tight road swervery . I will be riding the Busa tomorrow , running in the tire , and try out reverse shift first time in many years , and first on Busa for me .

No , this is a new tuner , he is about 80km away . Maybe get the Busa proper tune there to see , that fella will want to junk the pc5 too . I am going to take the 14 back to where first US tune was checked , 199bhp to see the difference . That is same place as the Busa was last dyno'd , which is noted as a low reader dyno , but considered higher than the new tuners brand new calibrated dyno .
The Busa made 183bhp , no tune , Brocks generic map loaded pc5 and just a sent ECU off interstate for flash and returned . The Busa has since a couple of minor details , short stacks in airbox , the top sprint filter ( same as Zed14 ) , full wrapped airbox for cool air .
See the torque of the Zed14 , it makes 90ftlb at 3000rpm , and at the end of run still close to 95ftlb . Hits 117ftlb max , on the road , from max torque onwards , it is pretty savage through the gears . The Busa is pretty savage too , the short gears rip , they both wheelie readily , sometimes too readily , corner to corner in tight road swervery . I will be riding the Busa tomorrow , running in the tire , and try out reverse shift first time in many years , and first on Busa for me .
Hi I was talking with some one who builds turbo busa's. I told him my set up he said it would make between 400 to 500 ft lbs . I though it would be about 300 to 350 ft lb's. That will not be easy to put down on a cold Loring track, looks like I will be pulling out HP. Witch I though I would be doing anyway, but I would rather be pulling out it than not being able to put more in. I am going to start with about 700HP.

Hi I was talking with some one who builds turbo busa's. I told him my set up he said it would make between 400 to 500 ft lbs . I though it would be about 300 to 350 ft lb's. That will not be easy to put down on a cold Loring track, looks like I will be pulling out HP. Witch I though I would be doing anyway, but I would rather be pulling out it than not being able to put more in. I am going to start with about 700HP.
Hi Mike , are you removing HP because you are out of gearing , as in cannot go any taller ? That sort of torque on a sickle , is mind blowing bro , what a monster ride .

Hi Mike , are you removing HP because you are out of gearing , as in cannot go any taller ? That sort of torque on a sickle , is mind blowing bro , what a monster ride .
Hi. No I am trying to work out the gearing for some time now. Front 20 rear 36 or 38 if I can get a 36 to fit the wheel. The trans has an overdrive 5th and 6th gears. Now for the rear tire a 200/55/17 or a 200/60 or if they make and I do know they make one 190or200/65/17 road racing slick

I guess some sort of 240 tire 8 inch rim setup wont be any good ? That would mean a different swingarm and the rest of it to fit . I do not know the rule parameters you are governed by Mike , but the bastards in charge sound like they dont give a chit about huge powered solo bikes , safety wise , too busy with the tin tops by the sounds ...

People hate losing trust me when I played high level hockey it sucked I'm sure the same applies here, I know Ricky was mad at Moore for the carbon fiber fuel tank and made a big stink about it.
As for fuel tanks, I'm really glad I had a good ol steel one in my crash, not a drop of gas leaked and the tank is crushed in on both sides. I still love that Yoshi aluminum tank for the busa but I wouldn't expect it to fare well in a slide.

Who’s the idiot wearing shorts?
He probably knows he will die if he crashes anyway.

Not surprisingly, the ZX-14s he beat at the beginning were Gen1. I'm positive the red one was, the black is a little hard to tell. If Megatron clobbered the 14R like it did, it would seem it's an unusually strong busa. I would think you'd be able to tell a definite difference riding a Gen1 ZX-14 and Megatron without even racing. My 08 busa and 08 ZX-14 feel very similar at least up to 160. That's about as long as I hold the throttle open with any degree of frequency and if one bike were faster, I think I'd notice a difference in the highest speed I hit.

I guess some sort of 240 tire 8 inch rim setup wont be any good ? That would mean a different swingarm and the rest of it to fit . I do not know the rule parameters you are governed by Mike , but the bastards in charge sound like they dont give a chit about huge powered solo bikes , safety wise , too busy with the tin tops by the sounds ...

Hi. I was talking to Joe Timmey, He is the father of LSR on pavement. He said that a tire failure that caused his crash. Rubber tires can fail any time and they do not like speeds around 300 MPH. I am looking into having my tires shaved down, as they flex they build up an F1 tire can reach over 260 F or 130 C. I rember my F 5000 tires were around 250 F. I would like to see how hot a SLR bike tire is at 250, 275, 300 MPH. I think I will have Eric at DAS set up a tire temp set up. Or if anyone knows about this PLEASE let me know call me at 508-496-3312.

Back