Zero to 190 MPH

OB_Wronglane

Registered
A friend and I were having a discussion on cars vs bikes and the time it takes them to reach top speed from a standing start.Since this is a Hayabusa site, lets talk about this bike. Does anyone know how long a stock Busa would take to go from zero to its top speed of about 190? Are there any professionally documented speed runs that have been timed? If you know of none,in what time do you think the Busa would reach top speed from a standstill? My friend thinks it would take two minutes......I say in under two minutes but closer to one.

Watching dry lake runs, 20 to 30 seconds seems about right-
ducmanic

[This message has been edited by ducmanic (edited 02 January 2000).]

Recently some big bikes were tested here in Holland, and these were the results:

Hayabusa took 36.8 seconds to reach 189 MPH
CBR1100XX took 30.6 seconds to reach 169 MPH
ZX-11 took 38,1 seconds to reach 177 MPH.

The top speeds indicated here are the real ones, not indicated by the speedometer but by a very accurate device.

Erno,
These times are from a standing start,right?It is truly amazing that the Busa accelerated 12 MPH more than the ZX-11 and did it in 1.3 seconds less!
Was this test in a magazine that I could buy in the states?

Wronglane,

I'm afraid not. The mag isn't available here anymore either, it was published in april '99. Hayabusa came out the fastest and best handling, the ZX-11 was more a fast touringbike than a real sportsbike, and the CBR was somewhere in the middle (but reached only 169 MPH which surprised me).

This is info from my onboard data logger. When the Hayabusa had a stock motor but had air box mod, drilled pipes and 2 teeth off the rear sprocket it took 31.16 seconds to reach 189 MPH from a standing start.

In it,s current state of tune it will go from
0 to 189mph in 22.74 seconds,
0 to 200mph in 25.50 seconds,
0 to 210mph in 33.44 seconds,
0 to 214mph in 37.42 seconds

Turbo Rick

Back