Zero Gravity Help??

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
I just picked up a Zero Gravity DB for my bike and I have removed the two hex screws on the upper fairing but I am wondering about the rubber gaskets....Do I just yank on those things till they "pop" out or am I just getting it wrong?

They have a bolt molded into the bottom of the rubber 'cup' you're struggling with.  Just slowly work them out - pull on one side of the cup and move it out a little, and work your way around, lube it with a little soap water if it's really bad.  It'll come out, just take your time.  To put them back in, thread the tip of the screw into the nut and THEN push them in (use some spit or soapy water to lube 'em up if you need to), otherwise you might have a hard time getting the bolt threaded into the nut again.  

But, to answer your question.. you got it.. it's THAT simple!  
smile.gif
  One of mine is a toughie, too.. just take your time.

Sweet I was thinking I was nuts!
Or Maybe....Bolts, I appreciate the help.

Got it, thanks, I just do not like forcing things, god forbid I tweak my baby. It's on but now I need some polish for it, I got the dark smake and promptly spidered the hell out of it with some Honda Clean...Man, I am pretty sure that stuff sucks, that or I need some Super soft cloth, little scratches on the paint where I used it as well.

also, you may want to run a couple strips of electrical tape around the edges of the windscreen on top and bottom to prevent rattling. Alot of busas have a common problem with rattling windscreens. a small piece of electrical tape around the edges works wonders

Mike

Revlis, Try Plexus...It's the best cleaner/polish I have ever used for screens and visors. Should be able to pick up at dealer, I don't remember it being available in regular auto parts stores.

Revlis,  Try Plexus...It's the best cleaner/polish I have ever used for screens and visors. Should be able to pick up at dealer, I don't remember it being available in regular auto parts stores.
plexus is the dope....and I've been using these new micro-fiber cloths from 3M ...there supa smooth .

Good info Mike. Also, never use paper towels as they do scratch!! Esp. the visors.... soap and cloth do wonders for both.
Kevin

Thanks <span style='color:orange'>Mikeyusf</span>
I noticed the Zero G was much thinner, more room for rattles, but think about all that weight I lost on the front,
suspect.gif
 I did notice that there was a little slop after I got it in.

<span style='color:orange'>flrider</span>, Beat you to it, I just got Back from Barney's with a can of Plexus and a bottle of something the salesdude said works good, I will find out.

Once I figured out the lil rubber boots the swap took all of about 30 seconds.  

As for cleaning especially visors, I have found that Dish soap and lots of water works better than just about anything else and it is really hard to scratch with all that slippery soap.  I was using Honda Clean/S100 and a soft terry towel, I will try the Micro-fibers, I notice than I get lots of little scratches in the gloss black surface with the sprays though, Sucks... I dunno what to use now besides soap and water...

Tell you though the Zero G DB looks perfect, and looky there, those gauges are round...
I also have a Suzuki Tank Bra Coming with some sorta Carbon Panels on the sides with the kanji up top. I will post some pics when done, might look pretty good...

ok guys need help here

i took the stock screen out and forgot how the rubber things go back in the holes ?

it has the nut then a rib then a large outer ring

how does it fit back in the hole

i have put it in but there is a gap it looks like between the plastic at the top ?

does the large outer ring go on the inside or outside and does the rib on in or out ? or a diagram ??

i cant belive i forgot to look at them closer
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

rock.gif

ok ok here i go again i made a diagram to make it easier
the black line is the windscreen hole

just need to know is it a.b.c.or d ??
please excuse the crude drawing not good at this

thanks .....Jace

screen.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
it has the nut then a rib then a large outer ring

does the  large outer ring go on the inside or outside and does the rib on in or out ?
the rib isn't there when the piece is new .

Put the screen in place . Take the rubber thing,push it thru the hole, small end first , from the OUTSIDE. Push it in till its flush with the plastic . Install bolt....yer dun .

Yeah when you go to punch the rubber-captive nuts back through the hole make sure the screen is in place and screw the hex nut into the rubber-Captive nut just a tad, makes them easier to push back in.  A little spit worked wonders.  The rubber lip goes outside the windscreen to provide some cushion.  It really is just dog ass easy, I couldn't believe how simple it was, just two bolts pushed back through once the screen is in place...sweet...

Just as a general response on the ZG Double Bubble.

To cut down on the rattles / vibrations on the screen, cover the edges of the screen with electrical tape. That will make the fit tighther and stop the vibs.

Stealth, the one and only.

coffeecup.gif

ok thanks guys will try when i get home

cant wait to try out the new screen tonight ....hope it stops raining
mad.gif
sad.gif

Back