Youth Dirt bike??

buda315

Registered
I am considering buying a dirt bike for my son's 10th birthday. He currently has an electric Razor dirt bike that tops out at 17mph. What suggestions do you have? I am considering a Yamaha PW80 3 speed auto trans or a Honda CRF80 F with 5 speed standard transmission. My son is on the smaller side at about 4'4'', 25'' inseam. Any advice or suggestions? 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke? Auto trans. vs. standard trans? Seat height?

I bought my son a suzuki jr 80 when he was 8 5 speed standerd and it was alot to take in. he never really got the up shifting and down ****hing until he was 11 and we got him a honda crf150 and he started to get a little more agressive. so if I had to do it over I would go with the 3 speed he will outgrow it quick and then get the standerd. starting early is fun now at 15 he's chasing me through single track trails what a blast.:beerchug:

I just test drove a crf80 f, wow it's no busa, such a small motor with very limited spacing between gears. I can see how the automatic would be more fun for a youngster. At least initially.

well as i didnt want to spend alot on my sons first dirt bike i went to central tractor store down the road and got a 4 speed 70cc by baja motorsports...i paid $499.99 + tax for it and its run great since day 1...his next one will be alot better but for a beginner this to me was perfect
100_0410.jpg

Back