Your Zx10 puts how much to the rear wheel?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I was at my buddies shop today finishing up my Busa hauler and working on some other projects when I noticed an 04 Zx-10 pulling in. Few of us went out to chat, turns out he knew my friend from years ago. We got to talking bikes when he started to show his Idiocy. It started with the classic "It has some head work done" Well thats nifty, I thought to myself and commented it must make that bike even more fun, his response "Yeah, its 228hp at the rear wheel is a good time" Oh boy, I thought, hes one of those guys. But it got better after I told him I had a Busa, he said "I dont like those, they're to big and wont go around corners". Fortunatly my buddies GF pulled up so I started talking to her before this guy really got me annoyed. Some peoples kids...:laugh:

Idk what it is about them ZX10's but they do have a strong following? You go to a couple other forums and they swear they are the fastest things ever created on 2 wheels....... :laugh: Im not sure the year but I guess it was up there in HP like the 07-08 gsxr 1000 and was nicknamed the "widowmaker". Either way Im guessing they dont ride much with busas or some feelings would be hurt :whistle:

Did he have a TRE also LOL!!

Them ZX10's do make some horsepower so be sure of your GENI before he gets the last laugh.

I hear someone made close to 650 RWHP on a boosted 10 using factory internals head and block, so I don't know the wisdom of head work, I guess it would benefit a naturally aspirated 10

I ran into a guy with an S1000RR who claimed his bike was modified at the factory with "Headwork" and a special exhaust. His Akropovik exhaust was the factory upgrade and was Brown because he never repacked it. He claimed 240 HP at the rear wheel. Riiiight!:whistle:

I hear someone made close to 650 RWHP on a boosted 10 using factory internals head and block, so I don't know the wisdom of head work, I guess it would benefit a naturally aspirated 10

i've "heard" all kinds of things through the years but haven't believed much of it at all...the patient smile i am showing when listening to these idiots talk is the same one i wear when politicians are on their soapboxes or i am dealing with someone with very limited IQ...btw, out of those three, i prefer the handicapped as they are doing the best they can and don't annoy me like the other two!!

Next time you see him, ask for me where he got his million HP head done up.

I was at my buddies shop today finishing up my Busa hauler and working on some other projects when I noticed an 04 Zx-10 pulling in. Few of us went out to chat, turns out he knew my friend from years ago. We got to talking bikes when he started to show his Idiocy. It started with the classic "It has some head work done" Well thats nifty, I thought to myself and commented it must make that bike even more fun, his response "Yeah, its 228hp at the rear wheel is a good time" Oh boy, I thought, hes one of those guys. But it got better after I told him I had a Busa, he said "I dont like those, they're to big and wont go around corners". Fortunatly my buddies GF pulled up so I started talking to her before this guy really got me annoyed. Some peoples kids...:laugh:

:tre:

Did he have a TRE also LOL!!

Them ZX10's do make some horsepower so be sure of your GENI before he gets the last laugh.

well, I can tell u the only bike last year to give me a run for my money on the street was a 2011 ZX10. it was stretched about 6 inches and the rider was probably all of 150 lbs. but that thing was quick!

No doubt those 10's are fast bikes, and a good rider one would be a great race for a Busa. He seemed like a "one upper" kinda guy, I've yours has 6, his has 7. :laugh:

If I were buying a new liter bike today, it would be the ZX10. The beamer gets all the press but it has nothing on the (Off the shelf) ZX10.

In the real world if your busa out works a liter bike it's because you are a better rider, not because you are on a superior bike. The new liter bikes hold their own in raw speed and out performs the busa in every aspect of cornering.

Knowing "Who" you are challenging is far more important than "What" you are challenging! I remember years ago at a Pridmore School when an unknown instructor named "James Lickwar" would ride his Suzuki V-Strom to instruct and he made everyone other than the high end racers look silly on that thing. At that point I knew two clicks in or out on my suspension made absolutely no difference to my skill level. Learning how to ride "What" you have is the key to two wheel success, not how much money you spend on HP and/or suspension! :beerchug:

well, I can tell u the only bike last year to give me a run for my money on the street was a 2011 ZX10. it was stretched about 6 inches and the rider was probably all of 150 lbs. but that thing was quick!

Was that before or after you went turbo?

He stopped by the shop again the other night, I siad "Hey" and then stuck my head back in my car trunk to continue some wiring, I wasnt in the mood for story time.

Back