Your thoughts on this MOD to the BUSA???

FAKK2

Registered
I am thinking of changing everything but the seat back, unless Moteck makes their R1 style undertail in Carbon Fiber and can get the stock seating area and crawl in Carbon Fiber as well. Now Let me know what you think of this now...

Carbon Fibering 100% of the fairing and inners of it and below the frame as wellfrom in front of the read tire, as well as the Hugger and fender in Carbon Fiber as well as the Tank too, and paint it all too. What do you think of the Idea as well as what would be the weight loss to the bike vs the stock components comming off, how much savings would I get? Before and after painting the Carbon Fiber???

You need to head over to SH.org and Find Nickslick. Ask him about how much his all carbon Busa cost and what kind of weight savings he got.

Your biggest single weight savings though will prolly be your exhaust system. Get a 4-1 Full titanium system with a Carbon can and you'll prolly drop around 25 lbs. I like Akropovic but Micron and the Hindle BDE is supposed to be good stuff as well.

Your aftermarket wheels will drop a decent chunk as well. When it comes to Carbon Body work though? I dunno how much weight you will save. It's certainly lighter than stock But I dunno if it will be a significant loss..

You need to head over to SH.org and Find Nickslick.  Ask him about how much his all carbon Busa cost and what kind of weight savings he got.

Your biggest single weight savings though will prolly be your exhaust system.  Get a 4-1 Full titanium system with a Carbon can and you'll prolly drop around 25 lbs.  I like Akropovic but Micron and the Hindle BDE is supposed to be good stuff as well.

Your aftermarket wheels will drop a decent chunk as well.  When it comes to Carbon Body work though?  I dunno how much weight you will save.  It's certainly lighter than stock But I dunno if it will be a significant loss..
I like HMF full race duplex high mount but I am told I cannot have high mount using deplex BiGBird Cans
sad.gif
and I would love to have that set up so probably have to do low mount to have it.

Yeah, NickSlick had his done all in CF. Someone here just posted a few days ago about going CF on their 'Busa. Can't remember who it was off the top of my head though. WarBaby has a few CF pieces on his bike you may want to PM him.

Here's a couple pics of a grudge bike from the Carolinas.
Sorry the pics aren't that good.
Not a problem, Only prob is I want the front to look like it is the stock fairing. The light/Signals/air dams same place and sames ones. Also if their is a Carbon Fiber Copy of the Stock Seating/hump and able to use any undertail on it like stock setup.

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096287395 -->

I would love it to be all carbon fiber or as much as possible BUT I want it also to look like it is stock too as well...

OK man I know carbon is cool, but damn, I gotta say it's not the be all end all...  I mean Nickslick had about $50k in his Busa according to him.  So that's an all carbon bodied busa, with a big bore motor, upgraded forks and shock, upgraded brakes and magnesium wheels.  $50k...  If you have money to throw away cool, go with what makes you happy and is fun, but otherwise really what's the point.  You'll have a badass motorcycle....  OK now what?  It's just sorta pissing $$$ away..  This has really been my point all along...  With the wheels etc...  You can achieve significant performance gains without living out on the bleeding edge...

What is it your trying to do with a busa when you get one?  You going road-racing?  You heading to the 1/4 mile?  You racing for money?  Ultimate top speed?  You want ultimate pose value?  I mean from reading your posts you allready have about 2 months worth of mods to do on a bike you have never ridden...  How do you know you're even going to like the Busa?

If it's all about the 1/4 mile then there are some things to think about.  If it's about twisties, there are some different things.  These are fairly exclusive of one another.  If your looking for a do it all bike, then that's a direction as well, though your going to loose ET or Handling compared to a specialized ride.  So really it sounds like you need to do some more thinking before you take delivery...  I would probably leave it bone stock for a few weeks at least and then decide what it is you want.  Will this be your first bike?  Not being a bobo but the words baddest assed bike with an inexperianced or ineffective rider on board is still slow as hell...  The bike cannot make up the difference, no one can spend that fast...

Hell if you want fast and light buy yourself a New R1 or ZX10R, build the motor a little and throw some carbon wheels on them..  You be looking at a 360 LBS, 180-190 HP bike for a lot less effort and a lot less money... Then spend a few grand on a race school... Nothing will make you faster quicker than actual kick ass riding ability.

HKnight, you ever settle on what your doing? How about posting a complete build plan... Wht are you thinking about doing?
rock.gif
Where yo uwant to go with the Busa?

Back