Your thoughts on the NEW Pashnit.com homepage...!

pashnit

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
Hey gang, looking for some feedback on the all new Pashnit.com homepage. Immense amount of work, fancy JAVA script, and thought. Still needs a few tweaks I think.

It's intended to be a very minimalist & simple design. The pashnit site is massive so this simplifies it well. Actually more interested in what you don't like, to help improve it.

There are 32 slides if you make it through the whole thing, and yes, lots of busa goodness. :thumbsup:

Pashnit.com | California Motorcycle Roads - Pashnit Motorcycle Tours Maps, Passionate Scenic Rides Photos

I think it looks great Tim.!!! :thumbsup: have you considered make in it to where the transition between pics is smooth instead of that flash Or was it just easier to design like that?

Me and Daniel are famous..that's us on the clearwater light page....

The banner is tits, but the red square (to get to products) kills the art work. There is already a choice to go to products in the menu area.

I think it looks great Tim.!!! :thumbsup: have you considered make in it to where the transition between pics is smooth instead of that flash Or was it just easier to design like that?

There is a command line for type of transition in the slideshow.

HTML:
$(document).ready(function() {
				$('#slideshow').cycle({
				fx: 'fade', 
				pager: '#smallnav', 
				pause:   1, 
				speed: 2000,
				timeout:  2500

You can choose 'fade, scrollUp, shuffle, etc' I'll have to look up some JAVA sites and see what else is available. The fade seems simplist. The transition may vary by browser, but I can play with it.

Back