Your Mods rock ours Suck

aussiesuzukirider

Never Forgotten
You guys here in America can do almost any Mod you like but here in Aus we are restricted by the Mod nazi's if we do not comply with the local laws we receive a Hoon violation whether it is A mod or traffic offence, if you recieve 3 or more you get you bike confiscated for a set amount of time usually about 28 days, repeat offence say good bye to it. You can get a Hoon offence by just arguing with the officer who pulls you over so it is best to just shut your mouth.:whistle:

Hoon is a derogatory term used in Australia and New Zealand to refer to a person who engages in loutish, anti-social behaviour. In particular, it is used to refer to one who drives in a manner which is anti-social by the standards of contemporary society, that is, fast, noisily or dangerously. Hoon activities can include speeding, street racing, burnouts, doughnuts or screeching tyres.[1] Those commonly identified as being involved in "hooning" or street racing are young, predominantly male although increasingly female drivers in the age range of 17 and 35 years :laugh:

You got it in one dadofthree unfortunatly we all get tarred and feathered by the same brush as most of the group I ride with are Over 40 and ride responsible we still like to mod our bikes within the laws but still get pulled over just because we ride a motorcycle.......we never let this effect us just have a joke with "Mr Plod" (coppers) and we are on our way.:thumbsup:

That's B-R-U-T-A-L......time to move here mate.... :oldcool:

I've been reading about this in The Australian. Sounds like your news media has locked onto Hooning as a way to sell newspapers, and your politicians following up on it as a re-election tool.
But the US isn't without political ignorance when it comes to motorcycles. It has been decided that small children here are gnawing on, and eating pieces of their little PW50 dirt bikes, and getting lead poisoning. So in their frenzy to protect our young people, all dirt bikes and quads designed for children under 12 years of age have been banned. It's even illegal to sell parts for them.
And when the backlash from the dealers and citizenry hit, the government, like the small children they propose to be protecting, stuck their fingers in their ears and yelled "LA-LA-LA,, WE CAN'T HEEEAR YOU!"

I feel your pain, but it's not all roses and wise, sage, government here either.

Sorry bro, no mods at all? Or just performance, like exhaust, p/c, tre's, etc? That really sucks if you cant replace the wind screen, or seat, or do appearance mods.

What happens if you were to make mods on a bike in USA and then bring it to Australia to ride, registered in USA? Just wondering????

Yeah, but you guys have some badass cars. The Ford versions of the cars you guys have are AWESOME. I love the Falcon series with the Turbo!!!

When we found out that they actually issued "Hoon" license plates, we all said at once "how do we get one?"
I had to settle for one of my reflective stickers that I added.
Luckily we have no such labels up here.
The Wild West. :whistle:

DSC02059_editeda.JPG

Last edited:
So, "hoon," is approximately equal to, "squid?" :laugh:

--Wag--

My own perspective on Hoon:

1. A “Hoon” is a term for someone who should belong on the track, but he is on the street.
On the track, most of his behavior is acceptable.
2. The Australians have been Hooning since the days of Mad Max, circa 1979. :laugh:
3. We all have some percentage of “Hoon” in us, or we would all be driving Vespas.
These bikes are not designed just for transportation, but for a lot of other reasons.
4. In some measure, the authorities everywhere don’t mind the idea of a “Hoon” as long as the hoons don’t get caught, or don’t do it in the open. – Do it somewhere else mentality.
If anyone really did care, they would surely outlaw for the street, things like hayabusas that will do hyperspeed, for that is illegal everywhere except the Autobahn .

JMO

Man that sux but with all of the government intrusions and big brother
antics we are well on our we to hayavespas, but after all government
knows best.

Sorry bro, no mods at all? Or just performance, like exhaust, p/c, tre's, etc? That really sucks if you cant replace the wind screen, or seat, or do appearance mods.

We can do simple Mods approved exhausts most guys play russian roulette and take out the baffles, we can do cosmetic changes, not allowed to remove under tails( buts guys do) most carbon fibre parts must be included on your insurance or your policy will be void:banghead: most cops give you a ticket and a warning but no hoon points:thumbsup:

Back