Your Marine Corps

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
:rofl:

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

uploadfromtaptalk1316175371329.jpg

We already knew that about you Russell. J/k buddy. I thought it was next month before that became official.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Each of the service times papers have been making this big news for a while. I frankly do not give damn what sexual orientation some one is, as long as they can complete the tasks they are assigned and comply with military standards, customs and courtesies.

Each of the service times papers have been making this big news for a while. I frankly do not give damn what sexual orientation some one is, as long as they can complete the tasks they are assigned and comply with military standards, customs and courtesies.

And without causing more drama. We already have enough of that.

The cover says roomates and dates at the birthday ball?

Sous would you be comfy looking over and seeing two guys in camo dancing with each other?
How is that gonna make us look to other countries? I am for their right to be who they are but at a certain point I think you should still not allow some things? Crap I'm confused? That's a pickle?

They are soldiers of a free country fighting for yours and mine as well as theirs and deserve the ability to be who they wanna be but do you let them room together and attend Balls as couples?

Good grief Russ? What are you gonna do?

Sous would you be comfy looking over and seeing two guys in camo dancing with each other?
How is that gonna make us look to other countries? I am for their right to be who they are but at a certain point I think you should still not allow some things? Crap I'm confused? That's a pickle?

They are soldiers of a free country fighting for yours and mine as well as theirs and deserve the ability to be who they wanna be but do you let them room together and attend Balls as couples?

Unfortunately it is out of my hands. Liberals and Laws are in place to protect this and allow it to happen. People making these laws and the ones that fought to get them in place just dont understand. I just will sit and go with whatever. I probably will not even be going to my ball this year. Not because of the gay thing. I can say, though, this is not the biggest problem going on in the military and with our government.

How is that gonna make us look to other countries?
LOL...since when has the US given a crap how it looks to other countries...that's the best thing about being the biggest boy in the schoolyard!

I frankly do not give damn what sexual orientation some one is, as long as they can complete the tasks they are assigned and comply with military standards, customs and courtesies.
Very well said.

Saiid, personally I do not want to look across and see two male soldiers dancing together, but if they are authorized to do that by the laws we are governed by in the military, then so be it. I am 3.5 years away from being retirement eligible, so hopefully I will not have to deal with this change much in my time. Although, a decision like this is not made on a whim and I have to have faith that the big boys in the military have our back and have thought of everything. I will do as I am told, and do it to the best of my ability. I will also expect the same performance from an Airman that is gay. Just because they are gay does not mean they get a free pass in my book.

I cannot say that I agree with it on a personal level, but I signed a contract and I plan to stick to it.

Russel is right too, this is not the biggest problem we have with our military or the government. We each have our opinions on this matter, but I will abide by the regulations and laws that my superiors have set out before me.

Fine I respect yalls opinions and decisions as they are from a more educated stance on it.
I think though that since this years ball or whatever Russ and the paper are talking about will be the first to allow open gayness it could be more obvious and apparent at it this year than following ones to come.
Like you as long as they can do what's asked of them and can carry a fallen comrade out of harms way it's fine with me whatever orientation they are.
Heck I own guns and not all in this country like that but they have to live with it because it's my right.
I'll respect the rights of others.

And Tekken image and perception is reality. I only wonder how much fear this will strike in the hearts of Al Qaeda to see pics from the ball with guys dancing with each other?

And Tekken image and perception is reality. I only wonder how much fear this will strike in the hearts of Al Qaeda to see pics from the ball with guys dancing with each other?

Probably not much at all seeing as afghanistan/iraq culture has a lot of homosexual tendencies. The whole "men are for pleasure women are for reproduction" kind of thing. At least that is what I have heard from serious conversation from fellow guys who have been there. I don't have facts to back it up so it may be false.

I fear for the future of our military as I think this lessens us in the name of PC (I have stated this plenty before so am not trying to reignite that argument). This is just the beginning mark my words. A lot of good people are going to leave, and many others not join over it. When people start asking why the all-volunteer military isn't working anymore, nobody's gonna wanna hear the truth.

The rumors you heard Russell are true; homosexuality is rampant in Iraq/Afghanistan. On Thursday nights you stay out of the haji barracks, that's 'Man-boy love night'...

I fear for the future of our military as I think this lessens us in the name of PC (I have stated this plenty before so am not trying to reignite that argument). This is just the beginning mark my words. A lot of good people are going to leave, and many others not join over it. When people start asking why the all-volunteer military isn't working anymore, nobody's gonna wanna hear the truth.

The rumors you heard Russell are true; homosexuality is rampant in Iraq/Afghanistan. On Thursday nights you stay out of the haji barracks, that's 'Man-boy love night'...

Sir, you are right on all accounts.

One thing for sure, the less of a "big deal" people make of it, the more it will become irrevelant and when needed, the Corps will continue to be the Nation's awesome "fast response fighting force" as it's always been. Raydog

You think they have any fear in their hearts now? We're talking about people who believe so strongly in what they do they'll fly planes into buildings. They strap explosives on and blow themselves up. We're never going to beat them with fear. The only way to deal with terrorists is to kill as many of them as you can as quickly as you can. That's done with great intelligence gathering, good training, and the best equipment available. Seems to me sexual orientation doesn't come into it.

Back