Your helmet and you...

Which option best describes you?

• Total voters
I ride with my helmet most of the time. I would say as I have gotten older I were it more and more. HJC was my last helmet. Now I own a Scorpion exo. I would love to get an Aria or Shoei. Arai would be my first pic.

rf-1000

so light and helps at high speeds.
wore an older hjc and my head was snapped back when I tried to turn and do a lane check.
not an issue with the Shoei.

Ride with your helmet.
It's quieter.
It's better for your eyes (won't dry out and will protect them).
The new helmets don't even make you feel like you have anything on your head (so light).

I would love to try the Shark helmet tho.
I hear good things.

Last edited:
I like my brains on the inside of my head, I always wear my helmet.:thumbsup:

With the kind of riding we do around here, we definitely need one...but I think the state should let us decide~!~

I have to add a little more than the pole. I know for a fact that i will not ride without a helmet. Lets just say when i was younger i had an incident that most likely would have made me eat through tubes if i did not have on a helmet. I love mine.

However, i cant lie, for test rides no more than one block in my neighborhood, i dont. (i live in a cul de sac)

I've been riding since I was about 7. I've always worn a helmet, and prolly always will.
I don't even do an around the block test ride without a helmet.

I just bought a new one. They were on sale for $39.95 (no flaming please) at Motorcycle Superstore in my size so I had to have it. I know it isnt equal to a $400 helmet or even a $100 helmet but it fits great and I like the color scheme.

And yet you own arguably the fastest production bike made. Not to mention it's FAR from the least expensive. So my question is.....why ???

I'm sorry I'll throw water on the flames now...i just can't rationalize a $39.00 helmet. But hey....at least you wear one.

I wear a 'beanie' helmet/open face helmet and prefer it over full face. Did you say benie helmet??:rofl:

I wear this + sometime swap over 2 my simpson @ track if sun bright cause its tinted.
I still need order a tinted shield 4 this one.

I came up with this test if dont want wear lid.Go and knock on street with your knuckles then try same on your head.Unless your head is harder than the pavement better wear 1.

My sister rides with Harley rider that dont wear them.Really bothers me I offerd her my old lid.

IMG_6675.jpg

IMG_6677.jpg

i wear mine at night, whenever im riding in more than street traffic, whenever i ride in the forest, whenever im on the highway. if im just doing light street riding in decent to light traffic i generally dont wear it.

feel free to carve this into a bat and hit noobs with it if something happens to me due to not wearing it.

i got a suzuki factory red/white/blue helmet last year and liked it a lot, doesnt match the new bike so ive got it taken apart to paint it. this year ive got an hjc, ive got no complaints except wind noise. i see the flaming of the dude with a $40 helmet, but (in all seriousness) how will a $900 helmet protect you better? what is the difference between DOT and SNELL ratings? all the mid-range helmets ive seen are made the same, with a fiberglass shell and padding. im curious what the differences are.

ps-i do want a helmet with built in headphones/handsfree bike-to bike radio or something. thatd be sweet.

Last edited:
I always wear my arai corsair rx-7, jacket, gloves and boots. There isn't a law in IL but wish there was. We have to wear seatbelts but don't need a helmet :poke: How many posers would sell their squid bike or hardly if they had to wear helmets? I don't include skull caps as helmets either. Flame me all you want :thumbsup:

I wouldn't feel comfortable without it, I like my head and I'm not getting any prettier so I like to keep it in tact. Scorpion Exo 1000 with the sunshade built in no more stuffing sunglasses in my helmet. It is a little noisy though wind noise gets you on the long trips. Earplugs tend to fix that though and I don't think I could live without my sunshade anymore.

Back