Your helmet and you...

Which option best describes you?

• Total voters
Helmets are mandatory here in Australia , but I feel naked without one anyway . Even while wearing a helmet , albeit with partly open visor , I have been on the receiving end of quite a few nasty stinging insects . I got whacked in the nose once when a young rider . Particularly memorable because my first reaction was to clumsily touch my nose wearing gauntlet gloves , and squished a full dose of bee sting into that appendage . My face swelled up like a pig featured cartoon character , that took me out of public view for a couple of days to de swell !!

Soman, though it's also made in China like Masei. (DOT and ECE 22.05 Compliant) It's just a novelty helmet, I'll only use it for around town rides.

I'm technically a "baby squid" I always have my helmet strapped on the bike if I'm driving around town for small errands. The moment I decide to get on the freeway, I'll put my helmet on. I ALWAYS have a jacket and riding boots + some type of either jeans or textile pants though + always gloves. But around town, I use SA masks and snap my helmet to the rear. IT does help that I live in a smaller town on the outskirts of Fort Worth, so there's not much aggressive driving or anything, nice country roads.

There is no way in God's green earth I'd ever ride without a helmet or with a novelty helmet, an accident can happen very quickly even at any speed a whack of a bare head off pavement or a curb would be life altering.

I'm sure GAMedic can chime in with the horrors he's witnessed.

I couldn't imagine riding bare headed, just a stone thrown by a car tire or debris coming from the back of a truck could kill...I've heard them 'thunk' off my helmet and thanked my lucky stars I was wearing it.

Back