Your busa then, and now...

900 miles on it... bringing her home.

7953972700_cc179e9ced_o.jpg

100+ mods later

7873224800_f9b8926c9e_o.jpg

8544676981_f572c45724_o.jpg

7941464944_b197d570f4_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
pashnit that is a serious windshield on there, must push the wind away pretty good?

That's with the Zero-Gravity Sport-touring windscreen. Bikers often have some odd parts fetishes, collecting helmets, gear, boots even, mine was windscreens. I've used like six or seven different screens, colors, heights, brands vary. Zero Gravity Sport-touring was great for the distance trips, Iron Butt rides I did and for early spring, late fall when it gets colder. For looks & summer heat, I liked the Zero Gravity clear SR screen and for rides across Nevada & Utah it was this screen pictured ZG ST screen. Admittedly, never tried the Vario which is another tall windscreen. Laminar Lip is designed to work with stock, and I hate the look of the ugly stock screen. Other favorite is the (rare) Yana Shiki R Series which has a really unique looking piqued shape. YS doesn't make them for 08+ anymore but couple members may still have them. Everything I sold in the Pashnit Store I bolted on to the bike.

Tim, how many miles did she have when you sold her?

Put 30,000 on this one leading tours. I had never owned a near-new bike, and this one was 3 years old and only 900 miles owned by a long-haul trucker when I pulled it home. It was so new (to me) it still had the chain wax on it from the dealer. Paid $8000 cash which was a great deal at the time, bone stock, only mod was the Yosh R-77. Took 4 years to save up that kind of money & I still had the blue/silver '00 the entire time I had this. Previous owner was more a Harley guy and never rode this bike. Riding 900 miles in three years is a travesty. I was doing that in three days.

Main things that got changed is all black removed. Side lower fairing panels painted, dash painted to match by Race Ready, carbon fiber frame covers, Dress up kit for axles & frame holes, Bagster, SuperSprox -1, silver rims for a '09, anodized galfer rotors, stainless lines, 3 seats, and the painted-to-match Ventura rack.

I also really got into electrical and light mods which was great fun. Clearwater Lights, Headlight Modulator, 3w LED marker lights, Intake Halos, LED halos inside the headlight, Illumiglo faceplates, So I needed a Ricks Motorsport Electric Stator & Regulator/Rectifer kit + the Woodcraft of course. A bit disappointing that T-Rex doesn't make the no-cut Sliders anymore.

There was a crazy mod thread that went for three years I did on the org couple years back for this bike and detailed the transformation that had over 100,000 views on this forum and mine. It was one of the most popular (by views) threads on the org for awhile. The epilogue to this story is after three years, I started to run out of stuff to do to it. It was perfect, just beautiful, and there was nothing to change anymore. It was just the way I wanted it, and after 10 years of Hayabusa, bought the Z1000 which was the polar opposite. Street Fighter, tiny, peppy. Held on to the '00 a few more years and eventually sold that.

7499211720_47a71db309_o.jpg

6821213911_632f210c4e_o.jpg

6753492469_7fca521393_o.jpg

FP Racing Levers, who also anodized & engraved the Galfer rotors

6855412821_a7c066eb01_o.jpg

14212713362_0648e3b4c2_o.jpg

6753492369_9708f1f8c3_o.jpg

7506554404_3cb0e399a8_o.jpg

Also dabbled in turning the Hayabusa into a camera platform which eventually got some great shots with the use of a custom made gimbal.

12732716755_7eb67985ce_o.jpg

That's with the Zero-Gravity Sport-touring windscreen. Bikers often have some odd parts fetishes, collecting helmets, gear, boots even, mine was windscreens. I've used like six or seven different screens, colors, heights, brands vary. Zero Gravity Sport-touring was great for the distance trips, Iron Butt rides I did and for early spring, late fall when it gets colder. For looks & summer heat, I liked the Zero Gravity clear SR screen and for rides across Nevada & Utah it was this screen pictured ZG ST screen. Admittedly, never tried the Vario which is another tall windscreen. Laminar Lip is designed to work with stock, and I hate the look of the ugly stock screen. Other favorite is the (rare) Yana Shiki R Series which has a really unique looking piqued shape. YS doesn't make them for 08+ anymore but couple members may still have them. Everything I sold in the Pashnit Store I bolted on to the bike.

Put 30,000 on this one leading tours. I had never owned a near-new bike, and this one was 3 years old and only 900 miles owned by a long-haul trucker when I pulled it home. It was so new (to me) it still had the chain wax on it from the dealer. Paid $8000 cash which was a great deal at the time, bone stock, only mod was the Yosh R-77. Took 4 years to save up that kind of money & I still had the blue/silver '00 the entire time I had this. Previous owner was more a Harley guy and never rode this bike. Riding 900 miles in three years is a travesty. I was doing that in three days.

Main things that got changed is all black removed. Side lower fairing panels painted, dash painted to match by Race Ready, carbon fiber frame covers, Dress up kit for axles & frame holes, Bagster, SuperSprox -1, silver rims for a '09, anodized galfer rotors, stainless lines, 3 seats, and the painted-to-match Ventura rack.

I also really got into electrical and light mods which was great fun. Clearwater Lights, Headlight Modulator, 3w LED marker lights, Intake Halos, LED halos inside the headlight, Illumiglo faceplates, So I needed a Ricks Motorsport Electric Stator & Regulator/Rectifer kit + the Woodcraft of course. A bit disappointing that T-Rex doesn't make the no-cut Sliders anymore.

There was a crazy mod thread that went for three years I did on the org couple years back for this bike and detailed the transformation that had over 100,000 views on this forum and mine. It was one of the most popular (by views) threads on the org for awhile. The epilogue to this story is after three years, I started to run out of stuff to do to it. It was perfect, just beautiful, and there was nothing to change anymore. It was just the way I wanted it, and after 10 years of Hayabusa, bought the Z1000 which was the polar opposite. Street Fighter, tiny, peppy. Held on to the '00 a few more years and eventually sold that.

View attachment 1590319

View attachment 1590320

View attachment 1590321

View attachment 1590322

View attachment 1590323

View attachment 1590324

View attachment 1590325
Also dabbled in turning the Hayabusa into a camera platform which eventually got some great shots with the use of a custom made gimbal.

View attachment 1590326
I still follow that thread. It was awesome and I got a lot of ideas from it.

love the Fire alarm in the back ground . FCI / System sensor horn strobe .
Did you weight the wheels vs stock ? They sure look great on your bike !
Hello C10, I will be honest with you, I forgot the weight of the OEM vs Carrozeria wheels, but I do have pictures of the factory swingarm vs hickman cromoly swimming. also different pictures from stock slip on and front section. I know my new hindle Evolution system weighs 8 LBS. Good info!!

Screenshot_20181225-193254_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181225-193313_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181225-193420_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181225-193207_Gallery.jpg

You might be my new Friend showing the stock swing arm weight :) 8 pounds from the arm change wow thats big ! how much was the arm if you dont mind ? will they build a stock length arm ?
Lenght of arm is 0-4 I was skeptical about chromoly arms for hayabusas but after all my research I aimed to Gregory hickman owner of hickman customs(FB). let me tell you this guy is very professional, great communication, and very solid arms.I highly recommended. I ordered mine with underbrace. I know underbrace increase the cost of the arm but I love the look.

Screenshot_20181225-205050_Gallery.jpg

Lenght of arm is 0-4 I was skeptical about chromoly arms for hayabusas but after all my research I aimed to Gregory hickman owner of hickman customs(FB). let me tell you this guy is very professional, great communication, and very solid arms.I highly recommended. I ordered mine with underbrace. I know underbrace increase the cost of the arm but I love the look.

View attachment 1590487
Were bearings installed in arm or did you need to get a set to install ?

View attachment 1590319

View attachment 1590320

View attachment 1590321

View attachment 1590322

View attachment 1590323

View attachment 1590324

View attachment 1590325

View attachment 1590326
Man I learned so much from those builds! Thanks for the memories....

Back