Young Drivers These Days???

FL Knifemaker

Registered
Can someone explain to me the benefits or reasoning behind driving around with your seat reclined??? I see it more and more these days. I'm sure it's not just a Florida thing. How the hell can you be comfortable holding yourself up by the steering wheel?
rock.gif
What's the sense in wearing a seat belt, you would just slide out from under the damn thing??

Yesterday there was a couple driving a Scion, they were in my lane stopped right in front of me at a light. As they stopped they both layed back in there seats, you couldn't see them from the outside. The light changed to green, they just sat there. I blew my horn, that startled them and they popped back up, looked at the light and took off. At the next light, I was next to them, same thing happened. Watching them drive for the next mile or so, realized that the driver could see very little of what was going on around him. He changed lanes right in front of another car as he left the 2 lane road we were on.

My thought on this.......if one of these knuckleheads causes me harm because they CANT SEE A DAMN THING that's happening around them. I will bend them into a pretzel where they can no no longer lie flat on their backs OR drive.

Sorry for the rant!!

Anyone else experience this phenomenon???

I've seen that too. In fact, I think I must be getting old and geezing because I find myself looking in disbelief at the curious behaviors of the young crowd more and more.

You see it happening all around us...its the hip thing one of many with this teenage culture. Its being cool...I have a few friends in fact they both have little sports cars and they lay literally down in the seats, all you can see is there heads,in fact some gangs have a code of how they drive so others can Identify them. I just fixed the front end of a Honda Del Sol which one of these guys drives, I literallywas pulling myself up by the wheel. I asked him what happened to his front end and he responded I didnt realize the clearance between him and another car. I said well Hell if you would have had the seat up properly you wouldn't have had this problem, he responded I know...I was just being cool! Its one of many of a epidemics in this country with our youth....pray for them
down.gif

that's been going on for years. since the "Lets popularize gangs on the evening News so everyone can pretend to be in one" reactions a few years back.

I SUSPECT it stems deeply from the days or chop tops where they remove 4 inches of roof height and cruise lower rider style.... so they slink in the seat to immatate it like a wannabe.

next add the whole hydraulic LOW RIDER dropped suspension... so they slink in their seat like a wannabe.

throw in the gang drive-by crap and keeping a low profile like avoiding stray bullets or "No officer, I didn't see anyone seated in the vehicle.." slinking like a wannabe.

then there's always "So THIS Is what it feel like to sit in a Lmborgini Diablo...." slinking like a wannabe.

Who wants to live like a WANNABE when you can get out there and make yourself a GONNABE?? Who wants to be a criminal anyway? ? Grow up. It's a very unsafe driving position unless you look FORWARD to casteration by steering shaft during an accident. I tried the position a few times on dates just for the laugh of it, and it is very dangerous on all levels

then again, who is it that decides "Cool"?
who decided:
-baseball caps?
-backward caps?
-backward pants?
-WAY TOO LARGE pants?
-girls dressing like boys?
-long hair?
-buzzed hair?
-BALD head?
-flipping your shirt collar up
-buttoning it down
-wearing orange
-rolling up your jean cuffs
-putting grease in your hair
-putting superchargers in civics
-putting tiny tires on your car that stick out 10 inches
-wearing flannel
-wearing pink
-getting tattoed
-tanning beds
-nose rings
-sticking a fish on your car...

Who knows? People trying to be creative. But driving dangerously is never creative. Until they design car controls AROUND a lowback seat, it isn't safe to operate the vehicle that way. Just one more "This months passing fad"
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116209881 -->

Can someone explain to me the benefits or reasoning behind driving around with your seat reclined???  I see it more and more these days. I'm sure it's not just a Florida thing.  How the hell can you be comfortable holding yourself up by the steering wheel?
rock.gif
What's the sense in wearing a seat belt, you would just slide out from under the damn thing??  

Yesterday there was a couple driving a Scion, they were in my lane stopped right in front of me at a light.  As they stopped they both layed back in there seats, you couldn't see them from the outside.  The light changed to green, they just sat there.  I blew my horn, that startled them and they popped back up, looked at the light and took off.  At the next light, I was next to them, same thing happened. Watching them drive for the next mile or so, realized that the driver could see very little of what was going on around him.  He changed lanes right in front of another car as he left the 2 lane road we were on.

My thought on this.......if one of these knuckleheads causes me harm because they CANT SEE A DAMN THING that's happening around them.  I will bend them into a pretzel where they can no no longer lie flat on their backs OR drive.

Sorry for the rant!!

Anyone else experience this phenomenon???
saw some bikers riding yesterday and a car cutting 1 of them off as far as driving the person into the side of the road beyound the white line thank gawd their was @5 to 10 feet from the white line to the curb.. thought the person was a gonner.. some bimbo on a cell phone...

and it is alot of these idiots in suv's and minivans on cells who do nto care it is their road... not your and especially ifyou have a bike, their vehicle is bigger than it...

I recline slightly from straight up because my back starts to hurt if I'm sitting straight up, but I dont recline like you are talking about and can fully see what is still going on around me.

I don't mind low riders or however anyone wants to customize their rides. I think putting 13" rims on a Lincoln Town Car is kind of dumb but whatever floats your boat. Same thing with the 22's on the Caprice's, LOL!! It really cracks me up that they now have rent to own wheel shops. That's a rant for another day..........

All I know is that it's dangerous enough for bikes on the road as it is. We don't need people driving around that can't see over their windsheild or or doors. I hope this is a fad that soon passes.

I don't mind low riders or however anyone wants to customize their rides.  I think putting 13" rims on a Lincoln Town Car is kind of dumb but whatever floats your boat.  Same thing with the 22's on the Caprice's, LOL!!  It really cracks me up that they now have rent to own wheel shops.  That's a rant for another day..........

All I know is that it's dangerous enough for bikes on the road as it is.  We don't need people driving around that can't see over their windsheild or or doors.  I hope this is a fad that soon passes.
I always drive with the seat leaned back pretty far, but I'm a tall guy. I also wear pants that others consider too big, or too low, but that's what's comfortable for me. I'm 6'6",270lbs, and it pisses me off to go clothes shopping and not be able to find sizes 3X or 40 waist, cuz some little 5'7" 135lb wannabe gangsta has bought all those sizes.
The media popularizes whatever they think "Gang culture " is, and then all the little suburban retards follow suit, trying to look "hard". Whatever. They just look stupid.....

I'm young... and I never understood that... I tried it ONCE just driving out of my neighberhood and couldn't stand it! I felt SO unsafe.... I usually drive with the seat a tiny bit inclined, but my head being about an inch away from the ceiling of the car... so basically I can see everything there is to see
cool.gif
and still be comfortable.
You know, I believe in this whole "cleansing of the gene pool" theory, but it really pisses me off when retards do things that can hurt others that are just minding their own business
mad.gif

Just kids being kids however you slice it! Can't say I agree with most of it, though.

It's so funny this topic was brought up.

Last week I was driving west bound on 80/94 from Indiana towards Chicago. Actually while merging onto 80/94 from I65, the right lane of the on-ramp ends and I slowed down to let a semi driver in front of me (quite possibly saved my life).

Plenty of road work going on as usual but I thought to myself how nicely traffic was moving along.
Big semis all around me including the one directly in front of me that I let in. Three lanes are open, 4th lane on far right is new and still coned off, past that is some grass area and the sound deadening walls.

All of a sudden I see a mid 80's Mustang Convertible in a Prince Purple Rain color scheme with the typical chrome bling wheels come shooting out of that grass area.
At this point I don't even see the fugg head driving the car because he's so leaned back! As he enters the closed 4th lane I finally see the jackass pop his head up above the door line to see what's happening...as his head comes up, a nanosecond later he T-Bones that semi directly in front of me. Semi was doing about 65, pimp daddy mac in the Mustang was probably doing about the same only at an intersecting angle.
Impact #1 sends pieces flying everywhere and I see the idiots body flopping around like a rag doll in the car, lucky for him the top was up.
Now the front of the car which is wedged underneath the trailer gets dragged in the same direction of the semi.
Impact #2 is when the rear wheels of the semi trailer nail the Mustang. Very dramatic, it was just an explosion of debris. All kinds of little pieces showered my brand new Ford E-250.
mad.gif

The power of the semi was amazing, it's didn't even flinch and the driver probably didn't even know what was going on as he hadn't even applied his brakes yet.
I moved quickly to the left lane to avoid what was left of Prince's Mustang. Caught a glimps of the main carcass of the car which slid back into the closed right lane and came to a stop.

I pulled over in front of the semi about a block from the accident. When I looked back there were already a half dozen cars stopped to help the LazyBoy reclining fugg head. I checked out my vehicle which amazingly had no damage and left.

Just pisses me off to think what the outcome could have been if the timing was off just a few seconds that day. I don't know if the tard lived or died and honestly couldn't care if he removed himself from the gene pool. That kind of stupidity doesn't belong on any public road let a alone the nations most deadly stretch of highway.

I don't mind low riders or however anyone wants to customize their rides.  I think putting 13" rims on a Lincoln Town Car is kind of dumb but whatever floats your boat.  Same thing with the 22's on the Caprice's, LOL!!  It really cracks me up that they now have rent to own wheel shops.  That's a rant for another day..........

All I know is that it's dangerous enough for bikes on the road as it is.  We don't need people driving around that can't see over their windsheild or or doors.  I hope this is a fad that soon passes.
I always drive with the seat leaned back pretty far, but I'm a tall guy. I also wear pants that others consider too big, or too low, but that's what's comfortable for me. I'm 6'6",270lbs, and it pisses me off to go clothes shopping and not be able to find sizes 3X or 40 waist, cuz some little 5'7" 135lb wannabe gangsta has bought all those sizes.
The media popularizes whatever they think "Gang culture " is, and then all the little suburban retards follow suit, trying to look "hard". Whatever. They just look stupid.....
I'm a big guy too and I know you don't buy clothes in the mall either!!
smile.gif

My son is a skateboard NUT so I've gotten used to what's called fashion these days! I guess I never made the layed back driving thing with the gang lifestyle. In my part of town the high school kids drive brand new Lexus's like that so I just dont get it.

Your'e right, it seems that this seating position is the "cool " look. Cool my a$$! There is no chance that a driver can properly control the vehicle while leaning back that far.

Driving in this position just increases your chances of being a statictic, and possibly taking someone with you.

Pisses me off everytime I see it.

My little girl is reaching driving age, she is 14. She has been driving (with me) for a couple of years. Don't worry, just backroads, way away from any traffic. I've told her that her driving priveleges will be revolked if I ever see her sittn' that way. I made her slide around a little in a big gravel area while leaning back. She got the idea pretty quick.

It is part of our job as parents to school our kids on all aspects of life. Too bad a lot of folks just don't pay attention to what thier kids do........

just another dopey thing that will fade out after a while...only to replaced by something equally stupid in the name of looking cool.

Still, you gotta admit, this truly is the shiz-nit:
wink.gif

rice.jpg

It's so funny this topic was brought up.

Last week I was driving west bound on 80/94 from Indiana towards Chicago....
pardon my un-christian response, but.....

BAHAHAHHHAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHHHA! SERVES HIM RIGHT

ID10T in full effect. How dumb are people going to be ALLOWED to be before, WE - the governemnt, HAVE TO step and start controlling everyones lives so we can be safe again?? like, DUH

I'm a big guy too and I know you don't buy clothes in the mall either!!
smile.gif

My son is a skateboard NUT so I've gotten used to what's called fashion these days!  I guess I never made the layed back driving thing with the gang lifestyle.  In my part of town the high school kids drive brand new Lexus's like that so I just dont get it.
No mall shopping for me unless Dillards is having a sale in the Big and Tall dept......
The rich suburban kids are the worst, listening to too much Rap, and thinking all they hear is real! Oh well, it makes ghetto kids cool at last....imagine having nothing at all and all of a sudden the things you used to have to do just to get by are being copied by rich kids cuz they wanna look cool, that's just too funny.

Can someone explain to me the benefits or reasoning behind driving around with your seat reclined???  I see it more and more these days. I'm sure it's not just a Florida thing.  How the hell can you be comfortable holding yourself up by the steering wheel?
rock.gif
Let's ask Brian, he used to do that.

Brian, can you answer this for us?

who decided:
-baseball caps?
-backward caps?
-backward pants?
-WAY TOO LARGE pants?
-girls dressing like boys?
-long hair?
-buzzed hair?
-BALD head?
-flipping your shirt collar up