You will not believe this

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
rant.gif
 Little personal history here. My parents own a fairly large house 5 bedroom 3 baths and were divorced some 10-15 years ago but still live in the same house, go figure. Even at the same end across the hall from each other. Each owned 50%...

My father passed 3 years ago and left his 50% to myself and my brother. SOoo, I own 25% as does my brother and Mom owns 50%.

After going thru an extremely crappie divorce, I actually liked my wife even after 20+ years of marriage. It ended a month ago. I gave my interest of my wifes and mine house to her in exchange for any claim of alimony.

I moved into my parent(s) house of which I own part with mom. She is elated as she is not alone in a 5 bedroom house and I can help with bills and help take care of her.

Bear in mind she is 70 has cronic heart failure and has lived in that house for 38 years.

We (Mom and me) got a summons today. It would appear POS brother of mine, that I work with everyday, has decided to sue his brother and his mother to force the sale of the house (which has been paid for many years ago) for his 25% of the house.

Also bear in mind, money is not really the issue as he confessed to me a month ago that he was pretty financial well off and could pay off every debt he has including his house and still have money in the bank.

WHAT A *&#^$^^  *#&#&&$!

Also bear in mind, I'm humping money big time right now as daughters wedding is less than 2 months away. So, now I have to f with a retainer for an attorney just to fight this crap. So it's not only affecting me...but my kids
guns.gif

"Gee honey, I'm sorry...we have to cancel the caterer and the photographer because I need an attourney to fight the lawsuit filed by your uncle fkn Jim against me and your Grandma."

What a guy....

Charter a boat and take him on a deep sea fishing trip. Just make sure that you are beyond the 3 mile mark and that he does a bit of drinking.....

Seriously though, that sucks the biggun'. Not sure what I would do but can say that I would probably end up being punished for whatever it was

Wow. Get the house appraised and pay him his part. He is only entitled to the 25%...so he can not force you to sell the house just give him 25% of the tax appraisal value not market value because that is flexible.

Hope it works out. Dont talk too bad about him in front of your kids if they are close to him. Just find out what is happening and try to work it out with him. Maybe he was not as well off as he thought.

<s>Is your brothers username.... Cache?</s>

Nevermind.....very immature. Not my nature...just venting out loud.

(Devil Dog @ Oct. 11 2006,15:44) Is your brothers username.... Cache?
Creekboy Cache...
Trying to screw you over for no reason but to screw you over...

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Tell him:
eatme.gif

Call the court and ask for a continuance....until AFTER the wedding - then deal with it.

Sorry you hafta deal with it at all!

JYT,

I'd ask how's it going, but as I can see not too well. This just doesn't add up or there's something your not telling us. Surely you've asked and/or your brother has expressed as to why he wants to sell the house. If not for financial reasons then why?

Does your brother actually hate you and his/your mother? If my brother ever did this (would NEVER happen btw) we would be some scrappin mo'fos.

In regards to the extended boat trip comment made earlier, I can get hold of a boat and I'm not too far away. Your brother ever been fishing for Grouper?
rock.gif

Heck, just counter sue his @ss if he wants to go that route. Who wouldn't rule against a guy that tries to force the sale and evict his own mother and family?

So I think he was hiding something financially.

But I can believe he would no speak to about it before you got a summons.

That means he has known about this for a while.

Hang in there and go for the continuance

a month or so ago, I told him my Divorce was just about over and as result, I am losing my house to my ex-wife and I would be moving into the "family" house.

He angerly replied, "you get to live there rent free, what do I get?"

I replied "I didn't know you had to profit from my divorce."

Not a voice of brotherly concern of "how are you doing" but "WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME".

At that point we stopped talking to each other.

The market sucks now anyway, you don't want sell. When mom passes, him and I will own half each...sell it then. The market will probably pick up by then anyway...you could make potentially thousands more. WTF
crazy.gif

Continuance for sure until you can better deal with it. He can't force you out and force sale of house so I agree with an appraisal (real low) and tell him he gets 25% of it. Case closed. You'll easily finance house for 25% of value, though you don't need bills right now, but it'll get him out the door. Have him ask Mom for forgiveness as he won't want her passing away angry at him for being a FUGGING D!CKHEAD.

He is seeing that you may be working Mom into a bigger percentage and being greedy when she passes. I've seen it before. It sucks, but sometimes greed can be thicker than blood.

Get it done now after wedding is taken care of. You will be happy you did. Especially if the market is low. You finance, pay him off 25%, making sure Mom is onboard, and he is done with it. You will immediately have more equity in house and HE will have to live with the regret he was an azz for the rest of his life.

If he's married (can't see it from what you're telling us) tell him he can get a divorce and move in rent free as well.

I'll never understand how some people can be such complete selfish pricks in life.

What ever you do NOT sell. This will also put out your mom. She has paid her dues. Get the appraisal and refinance only 25% of the value and pay him off. Then when your mom passes he will only then get the other 25% not the full 1/2, or have it worded that that is his part and the rest is 1/2 yours and 1/2 your moms so when she passes he gets a smaller percentage.

Ex. Home $300k pay him $75k. Home value $225 w/ mortgage. you own $112.5k and Mom owns $112.5k bank owns $75k. If something happens to your mom soon (I hope not) he will be paid only half of her part $56.25K. He will lose $18.75k for being a weiner.

I HATE to assume a mortage just apease this prick. Interest rates are up and it will not be cheap, my guess would be in the 600 a month range.

Ya I don't have a mortage payment right now and it is nice.

Not to mention, although I've never had an employement problem...ya never know. I lose my job...hate to risk a house that's been paid for for a decade.

that is in the crapper. i just do not understand his motives on this. seems he is jealous of you for some reason. i have to say that is almost as low as you can go with what he is doing.

I'd get a loan for your part and buy him out. Then talk your mom out of his part of the inheritance. If he's this greedy now, he doesn't deserve his part later.

Back