You could have heard a pin drop..

Dino

VERITAS - AEQUITAS
Donating Member
Registered
"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the Silence of our friends !"
anonymous

---------------------------------------------
When in England, at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying, 'Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return.'

You could have heard a pin drop..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a conference in France where a number of international engineers were taking part, including French and American. During a break, one of the French engineers came back into the room saying 'Have you heard the latest dumb stunt Bush has done? He has sent an aircraft carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami victims.What does he intended to do, bomb them?'

A Boeing engineer stood up and replied quietly: 'Our carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred people; they are nuclear powered and can supply
emergency electrical power to shore facilities; they have three cafeterias with the capacity to feed5,000 people three meals a day, they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims and injured to and from their flight deck. We have eleven such ships; how many does France have?'

You could have heard a pin drop.

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals from the U.S. , English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies. At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of Officers that included personnel from most of those countries.

Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English. He then asked, 'Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?'
0A

Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied 'Maybe it's because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans
arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German.'

AND THIS STORY FITS RIGHT IN WITH THE ABOVE...

Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane. At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on.

'You have been to France before, monsieur?' the customs officer asked sarcastically.

Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously.

'Then you should know enough to have your passport ready.'

The American said, 'The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it.

'Impossible. Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in France !'

The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look Then he quietly explained, 'Well, when I came ashore at Omaha B each on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find a single Frenchmen to show a passport to.'

I hope everyone has a great weekend....ride hard, ride safe. :beerchug:

Beautiful. lol
A friend of mine used to have a saying that he loved using while we were deployed overseas....

"Hey man!!!! Look at this!! I found it in the classified section here.......Read it,
FOR SALE..... FINE FRENCH RIFLE. IN AS NEW CONDITION. NEVER FIRED. ONLY DROPPED ONCE. BEST OFFER......."
:rofl:

I remember sharing a Christmas in Croatia with the British and the French (as our host) at a French base. I wrote on a napkin to show a British counterpart "There are 3 armies represented in this room and only 2 have ever won a war." For some reason my British counterpart thought it necessary to pass that private note over to the French. Needless to say we weren't invited back for New Year's dinner.:laugh:

I just got back from a bus tour of the UK and Ireland. I kept notes of the entire trip, during one of our photo stops I ran back aboard the bus to catch up my notes. That day my seat was at the front of the bus , I look down and some one is in my seat and every one on the bus is freaked the F out. I finnaly make out what my bus driver was yelling at me(a Scotsman and very hard for me to understand) wrong bus. It seems a French tour bus pulled in front of ours and in my hurrh I ran head long into theirs. By the comotion it caused you would have thought I had a bomb straped to my chest. Every on my bus got a kick out of it though.

They were great, thanks! :thumbsup:

The good thing about reposts is that those of us who missed them the first time (like me) can still enjoy them.

Last edited:
I printed them out. It's time to post quotes like these on our cubes at work or our lockers or wherever everyone can see them. I'm tired of hearing how bad our country is . Countries forget what my Dad , my friends and others did for them. I am constanmtly reminded of a quote I keep with me and think about it often when I see our service men and women... "All gave some, some gave all". I can never thank our servicemen and women enough for all they give. Wardie:beerchug:

Back