Yoshimura vs. Two Bro

Big D's Busa

Registered
Hey guys, I bought i set of yoshi awhile back when I had my 05 and man was they very quite. They was suppose to be the race pak to. I spent good money for them, now I have an 08. I have heard the 2 bros they seem to have a more louder and deeper sounds than yosh. I been seeing now that you can remove the baffles from the r77. Is there a certain exhaust type that yosh makes that is loud? Or is 2 bros louder??

I have a set of two bros on my bike and they sound hella sweet..... and as I can tell it got louder as the breakin accured.

Big D, go for the full exhaust and save a ton of weight and pick up some ponies. :thumbsup:

i would go with a full yosh but thats probably bc thats what i have... yosh has a strong history with suzuki and i have never had a problem with any of their full exhaust on any of my bikes

Hey guys, I bought i set of yoshi awhile back when I had my 05 and man was they very quite. They was suppose to be the race pak to. I spent good money for them, now I have an 08. I have heard the 2 bros they seem to have a more louder and deeper sounds than yosh. I been seeing now that you can remove the baffles from the r77. Is there a certain exhaust type that yosh makes that is loud? Or is 2 bros louder??

I have not been able to make up my mind (on a full system) as well. I wish you could get something that has the look of the R77 but the sound of the 2 bros. (not obnoxiously loud but loud enough with a deep tone)

:banghead:

i have the set of dual yosh r77 slip ons just like in the vid above. I love them, they have a perfect sound for me. Nice and deep, but no where near obnoxiously loud. I was stuck between which system to get for a while too, but i am very happy i chose these. As for the baffles, mine came with two cylindrical metal sleeves about 9" long, not sure if these are the actual baffles or not. I think the instructions call them silencers, i installed them once, rode around the block, and out they came. It basically sounded stock with these installed. Pretty pricey for dual slip ons, almost the same as a full system, but i didn't want to tear the bike completely apart to install them, and i love the look of the duals. Makes the bike stand out a bit more than every other sport bike on the street

here's a pic of them installed

067.jpg

067.jpg

on those 2 videos the yosh sound just like the stock cans. Only difference I can tell is at idle. Thats alot of money if there going to sound the same.

i actually thought so too when i listened to it. I can tell u though, they sound nothing like the stock cans. I wonder if the silencers/baffles were in during the video. I was very surprised how deep of a tone mine had once installed. My friend has the exact same bike (08 busa) with a full system yosh, and mine is actually a tad louder with dual slip ons

Been looking into a full exhaust system for my 08, and those videos just sealed the deal for the Yoshi's... I'll pass.

The baffles are definitely in on the yosh exhaust in that pic thats what mine sounds like with them in, take them out they sound more like the 2 bros

To remove the baffles on R77

The allen scew is on the inside at the tip. You will see a small rubber cover, pull it off and the screw is under it. Be careful taking the screw out, I dropped mine inside the tip, I was able to get it out but had to take exahaust back off. Once you remove the screw the baffle pulls right out.

on those 2 videos the yosh sound just like the stock cans. Only difference I can tell is at idle. Thats alot of money if there going to sound the same.

True....I agree. But it's not all about the sound. You have to take into consideration the less restrictive value of the Yosh. Sound difference or not....freer flowing means better HP.

Not to mention the biggest advantage, which is the weight savings! Close to 28 pounds saved here is huge.

Back