Yoshimura Tri-Oval Titanium Cyclone 2 End - Webike

Not getting what here needs replacing? If I still had the OEM header I would definitely be looking for a Ti replacement. But $2K to go from a SS full exhaust to a Ti is a bit goofy IMHO. I'll only lose a few lbs in the wrong place on the bike to even notice it. It will be under the fairings so I'll never see it again until I change the oil and the sound and performance will be too similar to notice a difference from what I already have. And every time I fire it up I'll think wow I could have spent that $2K much better. Lol!

View attachment 1610572
I am with Willie.

I'm a bit biased as I have the same system and love it.

Not getting what here needs replacing? If I still had the OEM header I would definitely be looking for a Ti replacement. But $2K to go from a SS full exhaust to a Ti is a bit goofy IMHO. I'll only lose a few lbs in the wrong place on the bike to even notice it. It will be under the fairings so I'll never see it again until I change the oil and the sound and performance will be too similar to notice a difference from what I already have. And every time I fire it up I'll think wow I could have spent that $2K much better. Lol!

View attachment 1610572
Willie before I buy my Ti Force, i used the Yoshimura R77 dual slip ons.
I sold them very quickly at a good price, and added the extra money to buy the Tiforce.
I mean you might have to add a lot less money, if you sell your own exhaust.

This is not meant to be a personal attack on Willies bike ..... but just that Willies bike is very special build , people are going to get involved a little emotionally and recommend things like the Yoshi tank / carbon airbox , such as in a recent thread . Maybe we should just let Willie decide , but no intention of taking the piss , we are proud of Willies vision as are many others as the 20k views testify to , on the recent update thread . I for one listen to his advice and respect his views .

So I suggested to Willie because she's gorgeous, it has blue cover, and she's getting a $ 600 discount, a good price for her dual system. The pocket is his, and the decision too. I respect that, I just made a suggestion. Maybe wrong because they won't get money out of my own pocket.
I always appreciate suggestions my friends, I've used many of them in my build. I'm already looking at the next phase and a $2K pipe is just not in the next budget.

This is not meant to be a personal attack on Willies bike ..... but just that Willies bike is very special build , people are going to get involved a little emotionally and recommend things like the Yoshi tank / carbon airbox , such as in a recent thread . Maybe we should just let Willie decide , but no intention of taking the piss , we are proud of Willies vision as are many others as the 20k views testify to , on the recent update thread . I for one listen to his advice and respect his views .
So is. I was on the webike website ((again I made an order!) and I came across this wonderful double system. A final piece, and I spontaneously thought,this would be beautiful with Willie's blue busa color.
There is nothing else, only this thought.

It is a full ti race Yoshi , the best , where as your pipe , yes it is fine and delivers good power , but at the end of the day bro , is just the common US Yoshi , and your bike is a Special .
So just out of curiosity, why would I put a race Ti pipe on a stock motor? If I had cams and head work that would make sense, but on a stock motor I'll get the same 5-12 hp out of it. So if I go into the motor I'll consider a pipe to compliment it then. For now, common US Yoshi is welcome at this party.

So is. I was on the webike website ((again I made an order!) and I came across this wonderful double system. A final piece, and I spontaneously thought,this would be beautiful with Willie's blue busa color.
There is nothing else, only this thought.
Bro do not feel like I am offended. I like a discussion and this is what we would do if we rode together every weekend when we stopped for lunch. @ROADTOAD1340 is my hero and he has a stack of frantic PMs from me asking him what stuff is and where I can get this or that. Heck if I had thin skin I would have never posted this entire process!

To be honest, I expected to get a bike with expensive parts on it. I guess I even thought it had a good chance of failing, especially the paint. But it came out magnificently somehow. It's not just a Busa with parts it a whole new kind of bike, quite amazing really. So frankly, I'm pretty protective of it now and nervous about adding stuff. You know the feeling, don't want to go that last step too far and ruin it.

So just out of curiosity, why would I put a race Ti pipe on a stock motor? If I had cams and head work that would make sense, but on a stock motor I'll get the same 5-12 hp out of it. So if I go into the motor I'll consider a pipe to compliment it then. For now, common US Yoshi is welcome at this party.
I reckon your US Yoshi was at some stage more than likely marketed as a 'race pipe' probably close to 2008+ .
A race pipe such as the extremely rare ti piece , would be great just put on your stocker and tuned , same as you pipe now , quite streetable . It is exotic is all , like your suspension etc .

I reckon your US Yoshi was at some stage more than likely marketed as a 'race pipe' probably close to 2008+ .
A race pipe such as the extremely rare ti piece , would be great just put on your stocker and tuned , same as you pipe now , quite streetable . It is exotic is all , like your suspension etc .
I get it, and I'm starting to notice parts getting hard to find for the Busa. So maybe stocking some of the ultimate goal stuff might be smart.

Bro do not feel like I am offended. I like a discussion and this is what we would do if we rode together every weekend when we stopped for lunch. @ROADTOAD1340 is my hero and he has a stack of frantic PMs from me asking him what stuff is and where I can get this or that. Heck if I had thin skin I would have never posted this entire process!

To be honest, I expected to get a bike with expensive parts on it. I guess I even thought it had a good chance of failing, especially the paint. But it came out magnificently somehow. It's not just a Busa with parts it a whole new kind of bike, quite amazing really. So frankly, I'm pretty protective of it now and nervous about adding stuff. You know the feeling, don't want to go that last step too far and ruin it.
I never thought you would offend anyone. We have a discussion, we exchange opinions and that's all.
Everyone dreams of his own project, with his own personal taste, and tries to do it as much as the situations and the size of his pocket allow. Basically there is no right and wrong in it. However, in addition to performance, there is quality in every mod, which I believe is very important in terms of durability.
And the pleasure of looking at your creation is also an important consideration.

Both of my Busa’s run that system, I personally like the symmetrical look and the clear option is the full system which is limited in the Yoshimura range.

It does start to “bark” once you start upping it but I do have supporting engine work and never fitted it to a stock platform.

Obviously any system is better than the stock junk :laugh:

Just a little side note on the US Yoshi exhaust Arch and a lot of you run . The pipe was designed to be mass produced , why , because it was built for world market , and will be bought by a lot of Busa owners .
It is a proven good al round choice , it provides good power spread and peak power when tuned , it is very acceptable weight , and is an attractive pipe .
The US Yoshimura R&D is responsible for a lot of Yoshimura Japans success , they have always been the country to watch for racing development and market research .
I have bought and run a lot of Yoshimura exhausts , from late 80's for GSXR Suzuki , including the first cyclone series . These were mostly US R&D pipes , as well as many Yoshimura chassis components .
In my comment on the US pipe , I stated it was a common , easily obtained pipe , I also stated it made good power etc. because it is true , it is just not exotic rare or finely crafted hand bent titanium headers as the race one , that you cant get anyway ......I now also see .

Also once the headers leave the front of the engine, they increase in size substantially so wouldn’t surprise me if the 4-2-1-2 system would make more power over the conventional 4-2-1 system.

Also once the headers leave the front of the engine, they increase in size substantially so wouldn’t surprise me if the 4-2-1-2 system would make more power over the conventional 4-2-1 system.
The same direction of pipes was also used by TiForce, the X-shape. Proven excellent horsepower.
See the similarity with Yoshimura exhaust.

5396226803_38da6fab77_b.jpg

3453220_5.jpg

Yosh's hand made high end stuff has always made great power. They've successfully tied that into the marketing of their mass produced pipes, and it's not as if that stuff is junk by any means, it just doesn't perform as well as their top of the line exhausts.

I like the looks of the TiForce cans better as I'm more a fan of a cone shaped exit, but the yoshi's look good
The TiForce are real beauties, they have great bass sound, and they make great horsepower when tuned properly.
If their production had not stopped, I would highly recommend them. There are at least good 4-2-1-2 systems out there now, and the Yoshimura Tri-Oval Titanium Cyclone 2 End are with Brock CT the two best.
There are some Akrapovic out there too, but I do remember that they have stainless steel pipes and not titanium.

Back