Yoshimura slip-ones

wildone

Registered
I own a 2009 Hayabusa and have "lurked" here for a long time. Have gained an awesome amount of great info from all members. Thank-you! Question: have a PC5 with stock air filter and pipes. Want to install the Yoshimura R-77 slipons to reduce weight and have the exhaust a little louder but not too much.

Do I need to Dyno tune it?

The simple answer is no....

If you want the bike to run smooth across the RPM range and take the full benefit of having the PC-5 then get the bike dyno-tuned

Thank-you for quick reply! Forgot to mention I did have the bike dyno'd stock setup. Only gained a couple of horses and torque from the base map that came with the PC5. Wondering if I should redo another Dyno w/slipons??

The answer will be the same. No. But if you want it a little better go for it.

try a "canned" tune from Dynojet FIRST and see how your bike runs with the new slip-ons.

If you think that just a Yoshi will add to the HP, you might be a little disappointed. The manufactures spend millions on computer assisted designing - CAD - to get then most from their designs. You will probably get a bit more acceleration, due to the weight savings. I put a Yoshi 4 into 1 on my '12 Busa, it weighs less than one of the stock mufflers. With the ecu re-mapping it sounds good, throaty, not obnoxious. :laugh:

I just had mine Dyno'd and I have Yosh slip-ons. He said he would do the work to tweak it here and there but it's already running like a champ and I could only expect less than 1% gain in certain RPMs in certain gears. No need to tune it. In short: The gain-to-cost ratio was on the floor. I wouldn't bother either.

Hi, just received my R-77 slip-ons, quick question(s)-- what are the "low volume" 8" pipes for and where do u put them? Did u do the rivet placement? Thanks!

Those insert into the canister and take one allen head bolt. The bolt inserts from the inboard side of the canister. Should be a rubber plug in the hole.

Back