Yoshimura Signature vs Street R77

08BusaKY

Registered
I have been looking for slip-on mufflers. Does anyone know the difference between
Yoshimura Signature vs Street R77 cans? The website does not give a good explanation.

I sold my black 19 so looking to put some cash in my grey 19.

Slip ons are really known to make no extra power , and more than likely to loose power compared to the original stock mufflers . Yes , they look better , but bro , get yourself a nice full system , maybe a 4-2-1-2 like an Akrapovic , and a good tune . Would be real sweet on your grey sweetheart !!
More looking for the sound and weight savings. I also do not want to mess with my warranty. I had Delkevic on my black one which were ok but I thought I would go with Yoshimura this time.

They look exactly the same but the Signature just flows a little better due to internal design, according to Yoshimura. Now that my son is running his 4 into 1 Akrapovic… they are the way to go if you can deal with the one sided look which is kind of my only issue.

I have been looking for slip-on mufflers. Does anyone know the difference between
Yoshimura Signature vs Street R77 cans? The website does not give a good explanation.

I sold my black 19 so looking to put some cash in my grey 19.

More looking for the sound and weight savings. I also do not want to mess with my warranty. I had Delkevic on my black one which were ok but I thought I would go with Yoshimura this time.
You will gain a bit of power even with slip ons…the stock cans are very restricted whereas the Yosh (or aftermarket) cans are not...all one has to do is look at the size of the exhaust tips in comparison.

...and you save weight which is like adding horse power.

I called Yoshimura this morning and they said the Yoshimura Signature series has an unremovable baffle and is therefore stamped EPA and CARB compliant. Yoshimura Signature series is not much louder than stock.

The street series is only CARB compliant and is louder than the signature series is not much louder than stock. It has a removable baffle.

I've spoke to Yoshimura as well. They pointed out that the only option for Hayabusa is their Signature Series.

I called Yoshimura this morning and they said the Yoshimura Signature series has an unremovable baffle and is therefore stamped EPA and CARB compliant. Yoshimura Signature series is not much louder than stock.

The street series is only CARB compliant and is louder than the signature series is not much louder than stock. It has a removable baffle.

In other words the signature series is for those California guys lol

They look exactly the same but the Signature just flows a little better due to internal design, according to Yoshimura. Now that my son is running his 4 into 1 Akrapovic… they are the way to go if you can deal with the one sided look which is kind of my only issue.

I actually didn’t like the one sided look, until I actually started riding correctly. Now I won’t ever go duals if one side is an option. Also cheaper.

45B879AF-CE55-4F80-99D0-96BBF7F0CBE9.jpeg

4A5DDDE3-FAEE-422B-B959-1DE6870D0416.png

Last edited:
Back