Yoshimura rs3 carbon dual slip-ons

Adolf

Registered
Hi guys ! I've been asking a lot of questions lately but my '06 Busa is still new to me. I decided to buy these Yoshimura slip-ons and I finally did. The bike is stock with the exeption of the slip-ons.Is it really necessary to buy a Power Commander? Some guys say that there is no ECU adjustment required as long as I don't have a full exhaust system. I know about Power Commander since I had it on some other bikes. My main concern is for the bike to run ok if I don't do anything else to it. What do you guys think? Can I just ride it like this? Is it gonna hurt anything? I am just trying to avoid any problems.

No need for PC if you leave in the silencers ("baffles"). I purchased the Yosh bolt-ons, and left in the silencers, and actually noticed an improvement. But if you remove the baffles, you'll likely need a new (free-flow) air cleaner and a PC.

Hi guys ! I've been asking a lot of questions lately but my '06 Busa is still new to me. I decided to buy these Yoshimura slip-ons and I finally did. The bike is stock with the exeption of the slip-ons.Is it really necessary to buy a Power Commander? Some guys say that there is no ECU adjustment required as long as I don't have a full exhaust system. I know about Power Commander since I had it on some other bikes. My main concern is for the bike to run ok if I don't do anything else to it. What do you guys think? Can I just ride it like this? Is it gonna hurt anything? I am just trying to avoid any problems.
If your slips are straight through you'll get a noticeable gain in throttle response and overall power with a pc and good map. A free flowing filter will just help that much more
winkold.gif
But you won't hurt the bike running as is. Like somebody mentioned just do the marble mod if you get backfiring.

Took the bike for a ride today after installing the slip-ons, and it ran better than before. No backfiring, just smooth as silk. Thank you very much for your input.

Back