yoshimura rs-3 oval bolt ons

outlaw06

Registered
I need some advice and help from anybody that has any knowledge of how i can get good sound from my yoshimura rs3 oval bolt on cans,these mufflers have only been on my bike for maybe 1000 mi,but they are simply too quiet,i want a good tuned sound but i want them at a higher decibel than the way they are.i have been thinking about drilling out the rivits and removing some of the packing to open them up a little,but i dont want to screw up the backpressure or make them sound like sh##.I did this on a muzzy megaphone on one of my other bikes and got good sound from it,but i have never messed with a dual setup,i know if i had a full system with a single can i would get better sound,but i like the looks of the dual,just want it louder,does anybody have any good answers or has anybody ever altered any yoshimuras?i appreciate any help anybody can give me before i start drilling,thx

(outlaw06 @ Jul. 27 2007,19:11) I need some advice and help from anybody that has any knowledge of how i can get good sound from my yoshimura rs3 oval bolt on cans,these mufflers have only been on my bike for maybe 1000 mi,but they are simply too quiet,i want a good tuned sound but i want them at a higher decibel than the way they are.i have been thinking about drilling out the rivits and removing some of the packing to open them up a little,but i dont want to screw up the backpressure or make them sound like sh##.I did this on a muzzy megaphone on one of my other bikes and got good sound from it,but i have never messed with a dual setup,i know if i had a full system with a single can i would get better sound,but i like the looks of the dual,just want it louder,does anybody have any good answers or has anybody ever altered any yoshimuras?i appreciate any help anybody can give me before i start drilling,thx
Are they the race versions or the Zyclone street versions? The race versions you should be able to look straight through with no restrictions of any kind. The streets are crap...baffled down bad and real power robbers. I bought a race baffle for my single exhaust for 50 bucks from Yoshi and it sounded and performed WAYYYY better than the street baffle the system came with.

I have the same problem. I didn't want to mess with a full system and pc. Dealer said would sound like full system. They lied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got the full system with a single race can and let me tell you
EVERYONE knows where i am
sounds awesome
don't think your going to be able to do what you want without bitting the bullet and replacing the entire system
sorry

(whitebusa @ Aug. 12 2007,21:35) I have the same problem.  I didn't want to mess with a full system and pc.  Dealer said would sound like full system.   They lied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is exactly way you ask this board questions first! You know that the stealer never comes through correct with anyone!

(Smoke_Dog @ Aug. 12 2007,17:21) This exactly way you ask this board questions first! !
super.gif
exactly

(The Big Red One @ Jul. 27 2007,20:flamethrowing:)
(outlaw06 @ Jul. 27 2007,19:11) I need some advice and help from anybody that has any knowledge of how i can get good sound from my yoshimura rs3 oval bolt on cans,these mufflers have only been on my bike for maybe 1000 mi,but they are simply too quiet,i want a good tuned sound but i want them at a higher decibel than the way they are.i have been thinking about drilling out the rivits and removing some of the packing to open them up a little,but i dont want to screw up the backpressure or make them sound like sh##.I did this on a muzzy megaphone on one of my other bikes and got good sound from it,but i have never messed with a dual setup,i know if i had a full system with a single can i would get better sound,but i like the looks of the dual,just want it louder,does anybody have any good answers or has anybody ever altered any yoshimuras?i appreciate any help anybody can give me before i start drilling,thx
Are they the race versions or the Zyclone street versions? The race versions you should be able to look straight through with no restrictions of any kind. The streets are crap...baffled down bad and real power robbers. I bought a race baffle for my single exhaust for 50 bucks from Yoshi and it sounded and performed WAYYYY better than the street baffle the system came with.
Hmmm...he never answered the question.
rock.gif

personally i love to ride and i dont go to the track so thats why i invested in the slip ons...... i think if i wanted to be real fast and wanted to run good numbers on the track then I will defnitley invest in the single exhaust and power commander and what not.. but yea can any one answer his question
rock.gif
? I would like to know.

I talked with yoshimura today and found some handy info. I have the race version but there are volume reducers in the end. I thought they were for backpressure, but they are not. It is just two screws and the inside pipe comes out. I can now be heard for miles!!!!! They sound great. Outlaw06 you might want to check this. There should have been something in the instructions about this. Oh well

Here is the e-mail that I got from Yoshimura.

"We recently started to pre-install low volume inserts in our mufflers due to emissions regulations here in California. These inserts are removable."

Sorry got here late. Just a little set screw and you take out the inserts.

I leave mine in as not to wake the LEO's.

Back