yoshimura r-77 owners, need help!

Schism

Donating Member
Registered
i am finally grabbing a set of the dual slip ons this week and i can't figure out which ones i should get. stainless steel w/ carbon cap or the titanium w/ carbon cap? i like the looks of the s.s but do they scratch, dent, fade, or discolor easier than the titanium? any owners with bad experiences with these? thanks!

The SS ones will change colour (which looks great, IMO), but the advantage of them is that scratches can easily be buffed out.

I have a full system with ti can and carbon end. I like it better then the SS version. Shows less dirt and water spots. Had it for 3 years now and holdinf up good!

At first I wasn't all that excited about having a SS can. I'm very happy with it after 5K miles.
It looks great and cleans up quite easy. :thumbsup:
As far as your choices, I'd go with the Titanium for weight and looks. It is also another material that cleans up easy. What color is your ride? Do you want the shine/bling of the SS?
Good luck w/ the decision and post some pictures of the result!!

IMG_0800.jpg

Im selling mine...I have the R-77. Carbon fiber dual slip-ons...Brand new!! Inbox me if you're interested...

I have the carbon cans and ha zero issues with them. Hardly even have to clean them:beerchug:

I have the Stainless with Carbon endcap. I like mine. Mine have not changed color at all. Only the mid pipe will tinge, and it tinges fast.. within the first 1000 miles they will be discolored. They do not scratch when cleaning them, they clean up nice.

i've got the orange/black pictured in my sig. i don't really dig the full carbon look on my bike for some reason. i've seen pic's and it didn't look right to me like the s.s and titanium. i don't care for the bling personally and i want the dual pipes. ah, i thought this would be an easy decision.

I have the titanium pipes. I wanted the carbons, but got a real good deal on the titaniums.
Glad I got them too. They look great on the black K9!

Back