Yoshimura double dual Tip

Kahiros

Registered
Hi guys,
i'm a two year long french reader of your adventures, now i've decided to exit the darkness for asking your help.
I've already used the search for finding an answer by myself but nothing interesting.

I'm a black K7 busa owner and i would like to setup a new exhaust looking like this:
imgp0610.jpg

Of course i found them for the GSXR 1000 on the yoshimura japan shop but a little too expensive :devil:

I'm not looking at a full system, only the two mufflers and the two mid pipes, then i'll work on them to fit on my busa.

My question is, did anyone found the trick to get them at a better price ?
Does this model exist at Yoshimura USA ?
Another way seems to be, getting those and then cutting them:
yosh_tri_dual-tip_cf_300.jpg

In this case where can i order those two for busa or gsxr, but always without the collector ?

Thanks in advance for your help, it's not easy from France to find the good Yoshimura USA resalers. :cursin:

If you have some pics of busas with thoses mufflers installed i'll be grateful.

Bye, Kahiros

Well in the second pic you provided, that can has the USA badge on it so your answer in short would be yes Yoshimura USA does offer the pipe. However if you were able to find a US distributer, by the time you pay shipping and all not sure it would really be cost effective for you...just my opinion...see if anyone with personal experience or a vendor chimes in. Good luck and keep us informed :thumbsup:

In fact i've already ordered RS3 cans from the US, JC motors

I know that the can with the USA flag is probably avalaible in th USA :thumbsup: but my question is if it exists in double ?
I absolutely want to keep with an exhaust on each side :D

Commuta_Busa you think the exhausts on the first pics have been cuted ?

Thkx

In fact i've already ordered RS3 cans from the US, JC motors

I know that the can with the USA flag is probably avalaible in th USA :thumbsup: but my question is if it exists in double ?
I absolutely want to keep with an exhaust on each side :D

Commuta_Busa you think the exhausts on the first pics have been cuted ?

Thkx

I have been looking for a set for my k8 with dual full system or dual slipon but haven't found anything yet.

I wonder how much they would charge for a custom setup.

The first step is to find two symetric cans, then it's just soldering details...
The best price i've found is with the japans like the first pics: 1200€ (1 532$)

I'm sure one of you successfuly did this .....

;)

yes, they look like the cans were cut to reduce the overall length. They end just shortly after the pillian mounting points.

Also, the TRI cans could only be purchased in a full race system exhaust as a single can (4-2-1). I'm wondering if the person some how got two end plates with the dual out and riveted them onto a tri oval slip on system. I think this makes the most sense since you would have to take the end plates off to cut the cans.

This means to duplicate this you would probably need to find two carbon slip-on tri-oval cans and then also somehow get two of the TRI end plates. This would probably be the most difficult. Then cut the cans to the length you like. I think it could be done but would involve a bit of home work to find everything.

I've got the 4-2-1 system with the dual exit carbon can. The guy I bought it from had to buy the can separate though. I'm not sure they make a full system for the 'busa including the dual exit can. If they do it'd prolly be a custom order $$$$. Good luck though.

busayosh2.jpg

Got mine second hand from a good old boy on the org. but post and taxes where a big hit :beerchug:

busa_new2.jpg

i think the idea of getting caps off a TRI system and putting them on TRS slip-on would probably be the best option (you wouldn't need to replace the mid pipes).

I would see if Yoshi sells replacement end caps first. I know that they do offer replacement packing kits and stuff, even the canister can be purchased separately so the end caps might be.

Only system that offers the dual tip setup that I know if the full 4/2/1 Yoshi TRi which is a Titanium complete line (if ppl have the SS header then it wasn't purchased together).
Also there are two different models, high and low mount. I don't think the end can will be any different but the mid pip is changes (and the mounting bracket).

Back