Yoshimura Bolt-ON

shenoyp

Hayabusa Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
I bought one of these Yoshimura Oval (RS-3) Zyclone Bolt-On, Carbon Fiber Canister. I have the following questions -

a) The site where I bought it says that its for a Hayabusa (1999-2003), Would I be able to fit it on the 2004 Model that I'm getting??! Are the mounting on the mid-pipes the same for the 2003 and 2004 Hayabusa's

b) I have also ordered a PCIII. Again the site that I bought the Yoshimura from states that I dont need to do seperate tuning for bolt-on's; but the PCIII site has a map for the Yoshimura Bolt-on's....
rock.gif

What is your call on these?? Thanks in advance....
smile.gif

Bolt ons generally do not need to be tuned with a PC and a Dyno, BUT with a PC and some tuning you might be able to actually squeeze a few horsepower out of them. Might make 3-5 or so in theory.

The Pipes from 2002-2003 are the same so you won't have any problems there, just make certain the prices you get quoted are for both, left side and Right side. You don't want to end up with one bolt on....
cool.gif

They sound AMAZING!
I've got the Yosh carbon fiber bolt ons on my 2005 Busa. Fit perfectly, sound great, look incredible!
Very easy "do it yourself" installation!

I use them myself, and really like them. The PC is a little over kill for bolt on,s, but hey, it,s your bike , and if you want it, I say buy it!
wink.gif

Like everyone already said the bolt ons will fit and the PC is not necessary but won't hurt.
wink.gif

I have a dynojet PC III and a set of Yoshi rs3 race baffle cans on my bike. Personally if I were you and were gonna spend the money on a set of bolt ons for my bike I would have got the race baffle not the zyclonic. The whole purpose of cans basically is to get the sound that you want and choosing between the two I think the race baffle sounds amazing. Very low tone but when you hit 5,000 rpms and higher they ROAR. But you may not want the loudness they offer. Just wanted to see if you knew the difference between the two. Secondly, I bought the PC for my bike because I talked to a dynojet tuning center and the guy told me honestly with bolt ons you don't NEED to have it remapped but he said he has yet to find a bike with bolts ons and a power commander that he couldn't squeeze 2-3 more HP out of so that means the PC does help a little. Also I had problems with my bikes idle speed consistantly dropping when I first bought it and after I installed the PC the idle is smoother and it has held it's idle since. Just wanted tp let you know some of the pro's and cons of what you are getting into. Overall man Yoshi products are badass and the power commander can't hurt. PLus if you get that power commander now and maybe later on down the road you want to install a full system you are ready to rock.

Thanks 69
smile.gif
I knew about the sound... But I generally like my machines to have a quiter note, so I opted in for the Zyclonic! I also have a K&N filter... so the two with the PCIII should let me put on atleast 5HP are rear wheel! What do you feel??

Revlis... I purchased my bolt on's on bikebandit.com! I checked, their quoted price is for "Dual" bolt on
wink.gif

...Oops, forgot to ask you guys! How much wieght can I save, if I install the corbon fiber bolton's
rock.gif

I am running a K and N on my bike as well. I would say properly tuned on the PCIII with the filter and cans 5 might be a slight be high but I would say it's possible. And I would say you are looking at 10-15 lbs of weight shaved off with the new cans. I understand you want it a little quiter I am sure my neighbors hate it when i come back from bike night on wednesdays screaming down the road at night letting those race baffles make noise. lol

lol ... Its always nice to let the neighbour know your around
tounge.gif

69, are you using maps from powercommander.com on your PCIII or did you get a custom map from your tuner
rock.gif

With the PC,Yoshimura bolt ons, and K+N filter you should pick up 2-4 HP and save 10-12 lbs in weight.
wink.gif

Well I suppose that should be good enough for my use BA.... dont stunt, dont do drag... just enjoy ma ride
biggrin.gif

Shenyop......I just downloaded one from power commander. I wasn't worried about getting a custom one with just slip ons. I would if I was running a full system.

oh...ok 69! that just made my life easier
tounge.gif
You see I dont have any mechanics here in my area who have a dyno
sad.gif
So if I had to do a custom tuning I would be in some serious soup....

Shenoyp, I have the yoshie race baffle and am very pleased with them. Super high quality and the sound is wonderful. Busa ran great without a pc, the pc just seem to smooth things out a little. In fact, they look so good, I'm having a hard time going to the full system. I love the Gen3 street smart set up but the hindle can is 20" long and I like the look of the dual 18" yoshie cans....you won't be disappointed....a good friend of mine has the Zyclones, same rich, deep sound, just quieter.

thanks for the info moondog
smile.gif
Yeah I wanted a slightly quiter cans... dont want my wife to wakeup when I try to sneek in late at night
smile.gif
) If your friend has those cans...can you post a picture for me moondog, if its not too much of a trouble
rock.gif
Just like to see what they look like once they are installed....

smile.gif

Back