Yoshimura 4-2-1 Tri Oval Dual TIp

Krieg

Donating Member
Registered
I know there are thousends of questions like this on the board but I have one more to ask. Does anyone have a Yoshimura Tri Oval Dual Tip exhaust on their Busa and if so can you tell me how you like it? How loud is it? Would anyone happen to have a power commander map for this setup either with a K&N or stock filter? Thanks for any help you can offer.

I'ld like to know where to get one. I've always seen their exhaust sold with their normal canister.

I have one and really like it,not 2 loud,just right. I have the carbon fiber dual out..Get a USB PC III for it. I installed TRE also..2000 Busa

I have one and really like it,not 2 loud,just right. I have the carbon fiber dual out..Get a USB PC III for it. I installed  TRE also..2000 Busa
Thanks for the reply. I do have a PC III USB already. Do you have or do you know where I can get a good map for this setup?

Busahaya has the dual tip and it sounds great....PM Johnnycheese he can help you with a map for it. JC is the board guru as far as tuning goes.

I have one and tune it myself with w Factory Pro Teka unit. I also have a dyno at my disposal so that helps also. The sound is great real deep at lower RPM'S but once you twist it open it howls really good but not obnoxious sounding. Very nice peice. You will not be disapointed if you get one.

The fit is excellent and quality is outstanding.

I have one and tune it myself with w Factory Pro Teka unit. I also have a dyno at my disposal so that helps also. The sound is great real deep at lower RPM'S but once you twist it open it howls really good but not obnoxious sounding. Very nice peice. You will not be disapointed if you get one.

Do you have the carbon or titanium can? Have any idea what the weight difference is between them? Did you install the exhaust yourself and if so how difficult was it to do? After reading the responces I got I am definately getting one.

Busahaya has the dual tip and it sounds great....PM Johnnycheese he can help you with a map for it. JC is the board guru as far as tuning goes.
Anyone know how to get ahold of Johnnycheese. I pm'ed him and can't get ahold of him.
He's a busy man....he will pop up  
race.gif

<!--EDIT|BA BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115427815 -->

Do you have the carbon or titanium can? Have any idea what the weight difference is between them? Did you install the exhaust yourself and if so how difficult was it to do? After reading the responces I got I am definately getting one.
I have the Carbon Can. As far as the diff in wieght I don't know. I have noticed that the carbon cans generally have a deeper tone to them. My buddy has the same one with the Stainless can and it sounds a little different. Not much but you can tell at idle there is a diff between the two.

I installed mine myself with no problems, just make sure you take the Radiator loose or completely out your choice. I took mine loose and had good luck with getting the header into the manifolds on the head, once you get it you will udnerstand what I am talking about. Then I had to lightly tap each one of the head pipes to make sure they were all the way into the manifolds. If you don't do this the header may touch the fairings. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I have the Carbon Can. As far as the diff in wieght I don't know. I have noticed that the carbon cans generally have a deeper tone to them. My buddy has the same one with the Stainless can and it sounds a little different. Not much but you can tell at idle there is a diff between the two.

I installed mine myself with no problems, just make sure you take the Radiator loose or completely out your choice. I took mine loose and had good luck with getting the header into the manifolds on the head, once you get it you will udnerstand what I am talking about. Then I had to lightly tap each one of the head pipes to make sure they were all the way into the manifolds. If you don't do this the header may touch the fairings. Let me know if you have any other questions.
I am going to do the install myself to save some money. I will definately look you up if I have questions. I appreciate your responces.

Can't seem to locate the post where Charlesbusa & I installed the The Tri-Oval Dual Tip... It's a walkthrough from start to finish, I'll post it up once I find some pics.Go here for several install pics of Tri-Oval System
Hey, thanks for the reply. The link is a dead end at yahoo. Got another one? I would love to see some more photos of the dual tip as they are sort of hard to find.
I will try and take some pics tomorrow and post them up.

They are pretty rare but once you have one you will be able to pic out the sound anywhere. I was at Cyclefest last year in Copper Moutain and heard a bike start up and instantly knew that it was a busa with the same exhaust as mine they are sweet.

Can't seem to locate the post where Charlesbusa & I installed the The Tri-Oval Dual Tip... It's a walkthrough from start to finish, I'll post it up once I find some pics.Go here for several install pics of Tri-Oval System
Hey, thanks for the reply. The link is a dead end at yahoo. Got another one? I would love to see some more photos of the dual tip as they are sort of hard to find.
I will try and take some pics tomorrow and post them up.

They are pretty rare but once you have one you will be able to pic out the sound anywhere. I was at Cyclefest last year in Copper Moutain and heard a bike start up and instantly knew that it was a busa with the same exhaust as mine they are sweet.
Cool, I will look forward to seeing some. Thanks again.

Thanks again to everyone for all the replies especially Busahaya. Your pipe rules dude. I am going with the dual tip in carbon fiber. I don't suppose there ae nay board members who would be able to help a fellow member out getting a good price on one of these pipes?
wink.gif

Back