Yoshi RS3 on 09

Thanks Sideswipe, I rode it to work today. I checked with a forum sponsor before I bought the Yosh and he was telling me "Yoshimura are the worst in the business, cheap stuff, etc."

Let me be the first to tell you that is FAR from the truth. I have never added a system that added that much power to the bike. It pulls like a jet all through the RPM range now. Honestly, it is a different bike. 565.00 for full system that was stainless steel header and mid-pipe with Titanium Muffler, unbelievable deal and I could not be happier with it.

I did not add a PC V or Bazzaz because I just could not decide which one. I don't think they will be needed. The instructions say the header should turn a nice gold color if it is running the right A/F mixture and that is the exact color they are turning. I think the stock system is more than adequate to adjust for that system and maybe even an air filter.

I just cannot believe the power difference it make, sounds great as well. I will try to get a short video of the start up and a rev or two later and put up.

Yoshis are designed specifically for Suzukis. I believe my ecu/efi will be able to get away with slipons and a K&N filter also. I have heard RS3's before. They sound awesome. Nice low rumble that carries and can be heard but not loud. Like flowmasters 40's on a Chevy 5.7l 350ci.

Old thread but I thought I would report my observations for those that might find this thread via a search.

I did get the RS3 slipons and I am VERY happy with them. I ride a 2K9 and have had them on for between 1K and 2K miles. There are removable baffles(Yoshi calls them "silencers") and they don't make much of a difference except if you really twist the throttle open you get more bark without them. There is a little more drone with them out at low RPMs but it's not that big a deal. I put them in before a long highway trip once just to see and it's a little quieter but not enough to really remark about. If highway drone really bugs you than you may like them in for such trips. Of coarse all these observations are from the saddle. I don't know what it sounds like from behind me.

They were very easy to install and took me about 1.5 hours without a lift. The most time consuming thing was getting the rubber clamp liners on the clamps correctly.

The silencers are held in with 2 hex screws in the end of the pipe so they are very easy to pop in or out at will. Takes less than 5 minutes. Unfortunately that also makes it easy for the cops to tell if they're in or not as there is are 2 threaded holes very clearly visible right in the end of each muffler when they are out.

I primarily got them because the ugly "Rocket Booster" stock mufflers were visually offensive and sounded like a sewing machine. I wasn't looking for a huge increase in sound volume but a better overall sound and pipes I liked looking at. I got exactly what I wanted. If you are looking for loud pipes these are not the ones for you.

Oh I paid $519 shipped brand new off Ebay.

Back