yoshi r-22 bolt ons

gilcane

Registered
anyone install this cans, is there a gasket where the cans bolts to and will I need to replace it for a new one. does anyone know if gaskets are part of the hardware that comes with the pipes

I just installed these cans last week. You have to use the gaskets that came on the bike. Sometimes they stick inside the old can and sometimes they on the mid pipe, just make sure you put it on. You also need to use the original two bolts for the exhaust hanger. I love how the cans sound and look.
beerchug.gif

I have the same set-up. The gasket is a really hard metal with a thin strip of soft cotton like material on the outside. Honestly, I was excited when I bought the cans and couldnt wait to try it out. So I used the same gasket and dont seem to have a leak. Since the cans are so easy to install, I did go to the dealer and bought new gaskets afterward. Now the question is, when am I going to put them on? Another alternative, use the old gaskets and put some of that blue silicone type of gasket sealer/maker. It has a name, I just cant remember it. If I were U, just buy the gaskets. They're cheap, about $5 a pair. Do it once and do it right.

PS: U will love how they sound. People told me they will sound just a little louder. WRONG!

Just use the old gaskets as they are. I have never had a problem with doing so.

You will not notice any difference if you not put those gaskets. R22`s is short ans straight through, almost no back pressure there.

(dsknight @ Apr. 06 2007,11:12) I have blings on an 05 busa and seem to have a fluttering noise at idle or 2000 rpm does anyone else experience this and will it go away when warmed up email dsknight@insightbb.com
They resonating wrong at idle and up to 2000 RPM.
I did marble mod and installed K&N filter. If you want them to be smooth sounding from the idle you have to shorten left can by about 3 inches. I did so and it looks and sounds much better IMO

Back