Yoshi cams

hefty01

Registered
Just after some advice i have purchased some yoshi stage one cams with sprockets already on do cams need to be dialed in or is it not needed . I am not sure what they mean by dialing in cams , do not plan on installing them just looking for some advice as am being given two explanations one is that dial in is required but also being told not needed any help greatly appreciated .

what would happen if not degreed in and what settings thanks as i am being told they do not need to be degreed thanks for any help

The Yosh cams are a direct drop in as long as the motor has not been apart before.
The are degreed and set with the alignment marks to be put right in the motor and ready to run...........

Thanks Busa Reds just want to get it right have done all my mods using infomation from this site and motor has never been apart . What improvement in power would you see from cams have yoshi 4 into 1 tri oval pc3r and small airbox mod . Got 158 hp all standard .

The Yosh cams are a direct drop in as long as the motor has not been apart before.
The are degreed and  set with the alignment marks to be put right in the motor and ready to run...........
yeah right you just keep thinking that
laugh.gif

I have seen them so far off that the bike loss MPH at the track from stock. ALWAYS degre3e them there is no thing as drop in.

The are degreed and set with the alignment marks to be put right in the motor and ready to run...........
ask youself this....is it cheaper get them indexed from the start... or after the fact if they were off and a few valves floated just a bit and kissed at 10K?
mad.gif

now you are pulling the head,replacing valves AND paying to set the cams.... hmmm

it's "only" money....right? .....oh, and the potential downtime due to repairs.

So i take it they must be degreed regardless to get best results at what settings forgive my lack of knowledge i am new to this and just want to make sure it is done right wish i could come and see you Johnny just a little to far to travel from Australia thanks for help

I bought two sets made in March this year . Sold BusaCruise one set and installed the other .

They checked at 101 intake  103 exhaust in a motor that had never been apart .

The cam card says 102 in 104 ex  so they were close .

Head milling changes things as does cam chain stretch .

As for degreeing them to different LCA's that much depends on your mods and what your looking for + if you have many miles on the motor the springs might be on the weak side .

Two other guys here at this site has dropped them in and are making power , with dyno sheets to prove it . Hopefully they will be along soon .

Hope this helps
biggrin.gif

out of the Yoshi box I have seen them on intake from 89-109 and exhaust from 94-110
the 89 was on my bike and I lost 3 mph at the track I thought the cams were junk and almost sold them till I checked.Sorry there are no such things as drop-ins

Thanks for the help guys i will make sure they are degreed when installed always get lots of great information from this site thanks again will let you know what i think when installed

Back