Yoshi Cams ST1

Teka is the name of the Tuning tool built and sold by Factory Pro Racing. It is a plug in tool which you can adjust fuel mapping of the stock computer instead of having a piggy back unit. check it out here.
http://www.factorypro.com/

Yes I did it, i did it,I bought the Yoshi's today, but it was painfull (1050 Euros).
I hope that i will install them tomorow. (Not me, my engineer)

over 75% of the Yosh cams I have installed new from Yosh the number were not where they said they were.
I almost sold my set back in 99 due to I ran less MPH at the track.Then I thoght I better make sure they are set correctly and they were off 98/96

Hmmmm . I've got some things on my mind so here goes .

Factory states on their website that the Megacycle cams make 14-16 more HP than a ported head motor with the Yosh cams using their dyno.
The Yosh cams are stock base circle and not exactly high lift or intensity . Pretty much being able to use the stock springs denotes that part of the equation however it appears the Megacycles are built up also and are probably close to the stock diameter base circle but use .006 more lift intake.030 more lift exhaust . Both brand cams are recommended to set in at 102 in-105 exhaust BTW .

Megacycle duration @ 0.040 lift
IN 252 EX 237

Yoshimura duration @ 0.040 lift
IN 244 EX 230

Just not alot of difference for the advertised HP increase if you ask me .

Was the Yosh cams dialed in or dropped in in the test engine and ran ?
Who did the head , or rather how much was the flow hurt by the porting is also something to consider.

If you look at the dyno sheet where the Megacycles were supposed to make 14-16 more hp at 7k rpm .... well they just don't do it per the web page dyno sheet . The green line base motor crosses at exactly 115 yet the redline for the Megacycle cams don't ever get to the 120hp mark . If that graph is supposed to be for the advertised 7-8 HP increase over stock cams , well it only shows less than a 5HP increase. Is that a typo or what ? I get a deluxe mixed message from Factory's site .

I like the Yosh cams for bang / buck in mostly stock engines . You get slotted sprockets , bearings and shims set up and plenty of camshaft .

Yosh told me for certain these cams will go in at 102-105 in an engine w/o a stretched cam chain or head/block shaved . I was also told about the special jig they have to time the sprockets . I'm soon to find out for myself I guess because I'm putting a set in my bike .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back