Yosh TRS Zyclone to race baffle

bigjohn141

Donating Member
Registered
I order a yosh full system off ebay a while back, when I received it I noticed it had a zyclone baffle in it. For those who dont know, a zyclone is the street baffle and it tapers down at the tip making it less nosiey. Well it sounded all right when I installed it, kinda like a mean volkswagon. It had a medium pitch tone with slight popping noise to it and when you left off the throttle at high rpm it would rack back like a glass pack. I have rode it like this for a few months now to my satisfaction because it is still sounds better than stock. Well the other day I decided to call up Yoshimura and order a race baffle. I was working out in the garage today fixing to paint my hump blue when the UPS guy showed up with it. So naturally I had to stop everything and install it. It didn't take long to get the old baffle out, just drilled out all the rivets and she came right part. Then i pulled all the packing out swapped baffles and repacked it. Now for the hard part. I dont know how many of you have done this but the rivets they sent with it are hard as he!! to install. I guess they are made from dang good stainless, because it took me squeezing with both hands as hard as I could to get these things to pop. I was totally drained after I got done with the dozen or so rivets. So then I got the key and started her up. I must say it was TOTALLY worth it. She fired up and she sounded great, it was a deep smooth roar. I went and threw my gear on and we were off. I took it easy through town with my smile getting bigger every second, then once we were out of town aways I opened it up.  Now I didn't thnk I possibly enjoy riding this bike anymore, but when I heard the engine wrap up to about ten grand it was out of this world. I had a complete ear to ear smile on my face. I think the only thing that could top this would be adding boost, but that won't happen for a long time. The zyclone baffle just doesnt do the 1300cc engine justice. If you are running one, call today and order a race you won't be sorry.

Another satisfied customer, that's always good to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

Satisfied doesnt start to describe it.

<!--EDIT|bigjohn141
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112316201 -->

Sounds like you are getting her the way you want her!

Race baffle from the start.. TEAM YOSHIMURA SUZUKI all the way baby.. No substitutes..
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
I was a yoshimura fan...

...But now I ended up ordering a Muzzy Full titanium exhaust
blush.gif

Muzzys on a suzuki?

Purely disgusting...

Yeah bro! I felt the same way about my HMFs man having that roar makes it so much better huh?

-Bill

Guys... guys, I'm not a big fan of loud souding exhaust... my purpose is to add some HP. Now will the Muzzy do that or not Icemann / BusaFever
rock.gif
well...
rock.gif
tounge.gif

rock.gif

but you think suzuki and you gotta think Yosh
wink.gif

I love my yosh full race system... just sounds soo nice when you are puttin around town and then screams like you like her to do when you get out on the road
cool.gif

I've heard many other systems, the HMF and the BDE are also very nice sounding....

I'm with da Iceman, you put on a D&D you'll never ride beside me
laugh.gif

First things first...I have my flame suit on
wink.gif
...anyways I put a Yoshi system on my Ninja 1000R (I know...sacriligeous
wow.gif
) ..man what a piece of crap! Fit like a joke..and because of that restrictive Zyclone "street" baffle I never could jet the damn bike to run cleanly..period
mad.gif
I never suspected the baffle till a couple of shops told me they had the same probs with those baffles and to dump it.....but as soon as I switched it out (which was a major pain) with a race baffle the bike ran like a raped ape.....too loud for my tastes but fast. I will never ever use a zyclone baffle again...and most likely prolly not Yoshi either....although I guess maybe I should give them one more shot on a Suzuki I suppose....lol

Back