Yosh stage 1 cams or web cams

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
did anyone do the Yosh Cams or even the Web Cam mod? How difficult is the install and what special tools should I acquire for the cams/adjustments/degree/etc? I hear around a 8-10 rwhp increase from changing the cams?

Those numbers sound about right! Not sure if they index those cams or not....... Need someone with real world experience to post up. I can't help you there; the Cheeseman did mine!

Your signature says turbo coming this year .

Alot of work and money only to put the stock cams back in for the turbo engine .

I'm with mountainmotor on this.
biggrin.gif

If you plan to TURBO, you will just have to change back to stock. If not, you will loose A LOT of power with a basic TURBO application. Otherwise I would have the Yosh cams in my bike right now....
wink.gif

Very interesting. Why is it better to run stock cams vs webs/yoshi/megas with turbo applications? Does it have to do with the ignition timing, etc??

Very interesting. Why is it better to run stock cams vs webs/yoshi/megas with turbo applications? Does it have to do with the ignition timing, etc??
No , it has to do with valve overlap and trapping the intake charge not blowing some of the mixture out of the exhaust port .

Without going into it much , basically in the engine world the Busa comes with what would be called turbo cams . The intake has 20 degree's more duration than the exhaust cam .

Just throwing some numbers out .

Destroked 540 Chevy " 475ci " running roller cam with 280 duration intake 280 duration exhaust measured @ .040 lift with in& ex lobes at 112 would benefit from a cam like 280 intake , 270 exhaust with the intake lobe center angle set higher than the exhaust ,say 110 /108 when boosted .

Roots style supercharger a different approach

Most V-8 streeter auto engines run more cam duration on the exhaust in large part due to the rather poor exhaust you can run on them in comparison to the bikes .

Yes you can run the Yosh cams with turbo but they will need to be set with very high LCA's to shorten the overlap and higher boost to compensate .

Back